Worst track ever

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 11:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Worst track ever

So first time drag racing and I know half of it is probably me but this track was concrete and felt like ice. I was on street tires but I figure I should've hooked a little better than this. My best time was 8.9 2.3ish 60 foot with a 83 trap time, I spun the whole way and even went sideways a bit at the finish line. If I had a set of good tires and didnt spin through 3rd the entire time, what should I be running? btw. I want to run some MTs' but I am still on the stock rear. Oh and this was obviously in the 8th mile. I could probably launch from third here and spin. This is launching like 1/3 throttle after leaving from idle.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:39 PM
On The Tree

Did you drive through the water box or go around it? What about a burn out? Seems to me a lot of times it's worse to heat up street tires too much.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ls_Notch
Did you drive through the water box or go around it? What about a burn out? Seems to me a lot of times it's worse to heat up street tires too much.
Couldn't go around it and yes I had to get the water off lol I heated them pretty good.. I spun in third worse than first on the street
Old 09-15-2013, 08:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Concrete hooks up better than asphalt that's why good tracks are concrete , street tires and water sling up in your wheel wells and others dragging water up the track is likely your issue.

Next time there watch a while and see if anyone is able to go around the water , doesn't sound right that they would make u go through the water with street tires.

Also realize the track is made to hook up , most crashes I have seen on street nights are cars with good power and on street tires that don't back out of the throttle when it's obvious that you just aren't going to hook up (still spinning at half track) then they finally catch traction and immediately go wherever they are pointed at the time of finding traction which is usually quickly into the guard rail/ wall , this is not the street so don't think because you can slide all over on the street you can do the same at the track.... When you hit dry prepped surface you will hook all at once....
Old 09-15-2013, 08:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sladester2
So first time drag racing and I know half of it is probably me but this track was concrete and felt like ice. I was on street tires but I figure I should've hooked a little better than this. My best time was 8.9 2.3ish 60 foot with a 83 trap time, I spun the whole way and even went sideways a bit at the finish line. If I had a set of good tires and didnt spin through 3rd the entire time, what should I be running? btw. I want to run some MTs' but I am still on the stock rear. Oh and this was obviously in the 8th mile. I could probably launch from third here and spin. This is launching like 1/3 throttle after leaving from idle.
You've GOT to get some Mickey's. Otherwise you're going to be repeating the same thing over and over again… .

My guess is you're running low 8s high 7s… High 80s, low 90s.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by murphinator
Concrete hooks up better than asphalt that's why good tracks are concrete , street tires and water sling up in your wheel wells and others dragging water up the track is likely your issue.

Next time there watch a while and see if anyone is able to go around the water , doesn't sound right that they would make u go through the water with street tires.

Also realize the track is made to hook up , most crashes I have seen on street nights are cars with good power and on street tires that don't back out of the throttle when it's obvious that you just aren't going to hook up (still spinning at half track) then they finally catch traction and immediately go wherever they are pointed at the time of finding traction which is usually quickly into the guard rail/ wall , this is not the street so don't think because you can slide all over on the street you can do the same at the track.... When you hit dry prepped surface you will hook all at once....
Yup…
Old 09-15-2013, 08:56 PM
11 Second Club

Trust me, worst track I have been to. There was not a way around the water it was from rail to rail on both sides in the staging lane. You don't back up to it either, when you are pulling in your lane you have to go right thru it to get to the tree. I have heard street tires suck when you heat them up outta the water but I had no way around it really.. slipping the clutch out didnt really help either. People with slicks were hooking up decent though but I mean there was a charger srt8 running low 9's there a 13 gt500 was hitting mid to upper 8s.. the more power ya had the worse you were lol
Old 09-16-2013, 05:19 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sladester2
Trust me, worst track I have been to. There was not a way around the water it was from rail to rail on both sides in the staging lane. You don't back up to it either, when you are pulling in your lane you have to go right thru it to get to the tree. I have heard street tires suck when you heat them up outta the water but I had no way around it really.. slipping the clutch out didnt really help either. People with slicks were hooking up decent though but I mean there was a charger srt8 running low 9's there a 13 gt500 was hitting mid to upper 8s.. the more power ya had the worse you were lol
Yikes!

Quick Reply: Worst track ever