05 Cts-V first time out....HOP! *Video*

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 04:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Default 05 Cts-V first time out....HOP! *Video*

Last minute decision I met up with a few friends to make some passes down the strip.I was quite nervous of trying to run good times and not shatter these fragile diffs on the V's. When we got to the track there was alot of wind all day long..30-35kmh head wind.Anyways I made my first few passes..not really slipping the clutch out and no burnouts.I realize how much the V hops now at the track vs playing around on the street. I didnt beat on the car too hard as it was showing signs not being happy...I hand a few grinds going into 2nd,hit limiter once or twice and the odd rearend whine.

Times were poor ranging from 14.7 down to 14.0 et, 60'fts were 2.2-2.5, mph ranged from 104-109mph. Im sure if I had let some pressure down in the tires and slipped the clutch some more I could have a better 60'ft but that hop is something serious.Looking at doing the CS upgrades sooner than later if Im going to track it in the future and run it any harder than that for launches.Heres the long..very long video of my passes and a few others at the track.

Quick Reply: 05 Cts-V first time out....HOP! *Video*