New PB '99 SS

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 10:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New DRs are on and weather looks clear for Sumerduck this evening. Last week we got rained out after 2 time runs so I'm getting in free tonight and the good lord has given me weather conditions almost identical to last week. If anything the DA will be slightly higher tonight and I'll get to see what improvements the anti-roll bar and 26" tires do. Last weeks time slip for comparison
Attached Thumbnails New PB '99 SS-photo888.jpg  
Old 06-01-2018, 08:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well... night was terrible. First pass 1.63 60' at 2850 DA but car wouldn't shift into 3rd and I feathered it to stay off the rev limiter. 2nd pass spun a bit and same on shifting into third. 3rd pass dropped tire pressure from 22 to 20# and car hooked and I whomped it hard at 6300 rpm and it shifted.... and I ran out 7.897 on a 7.90 dial. Luckily the other guy red lighted and I won first round. Then the sky opened up and they called it, first round winners walked away with a cool $115

Not sure if the computer is doing something goofy or if my trans is finally letting loose. Buddy hooked up his Snap-on scan tool to change the tire size today and I'm wondering if that's the culprit. Guess I need to take it to a tuner and have them look over the set points in the computer next
Attached Thumbnails New PB '99 SS-photo281.jpg