Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 08:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Went to track second time last night

New best

12.946 @ 108.74mph
60' 2.068

Weatehr was similiar to first time at track, just a little less humid, I was more comfortable though and I am beginning to get into a groove, the tires are still my Nitto 555 street tires and 18 inch rims, for street tires they stick pretty well.

Hopefully I can get to 1.9 60' with the car as is and get to 12.70 et at 110mph, or something like that, still stock converter and gears as well.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

congrats on the new times. sounds like you are really paying attention to your earlier runs and learning form them.
how are you staging the car? if you can get nice adn shallow in the beams it will help you achieve your goal.
also try airing up the fronts a bit to help the car roll easier. jsut check on the sidewall where it says max recomended cold pressure or something similar, when you are at teh track it is safe to run 5-10 psi higher than that. jsut make sure you drop it back down before you drive home.

good luck, keep those times comin

later
tim
Old 08-28-2004, 09:21 AM
On The Tree

Thanks much, What I have started to do is put my car into D3, start the burnout, shift into drive 1 while doing this and hold the burnout for about 5 seconds, then at the staging lights I put it back into D3. I have been trying to hold the brake as hard as possible then stall the car to I think 1800 rpm, then floor it from there, the tires can still handle more, next time at track I will try to stall higher, see when my tires loose it. I did lower the psi from 35 to 28 in the rears, although I have kept the fronts at 35 psi.
I don't think there is any performance difference between D3 and D, just that at the end the compression braking helps slow me down.

Although I do feel the engine beginning to free up, I never before gave the engine a workout, guess that happens with an A4 and I only have 1500 miles on the new cam, 21,000 miles total, I think the engine likes being allowed to just run through the gears at WOT, maybe thats what I think I feel.

Quick Reply: Went to track second time last night