on cloud 9, unreal last points race!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 10:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Villain281H
running as quick as 10.teens! That's a driver!

Derek
thanks derek, thats the plans. a 9.99 would be my goal on a stock cube n/a motor.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Villain281H
thanks Taco. Bummer you couldn't make it, this was my 1st ROC attempt, and I'm sure you understand they are hard to come by in division 2 tracks! Maybe next year we'll catch up?
Right now, I have no plans of "repeating", but this time last year, I had no plans of chasing points either...

I know EXACTLY what you mean about Div. 2 as well, we had a 3 way battle for about 2 months, EVERY weekend points were re-arranged among the 3 of us. Going into our last points race, I had a 2 round lead, with 2 Very tough racers tied for 2nd. We all won 1st round, we all won 2nd round. One of the guys tied for 2nd, in a black dragster that runs almost identical ET's to mine, went out 3rd, to a "team-mate"of mine in a 5.1x doorcar. Myself and the other guy in 2nd won 3rd, putting him squarely in 2nd. Then I had to run my "team-mate" 4th, and he put a .008 (.508) react, dead-on with a .005, on my .011, dead-on .005 (thats right, .003 sec. M.O.V.)!

The guy in 2nd won that round and the next, pulling him even with me. Guess who he had to run... that's right, my "team-mate" put him out too, with another killer package (If memory serves, .005, dead-on with a .006) and leaves us tied and in a run-off for the Title.

They gave us both a time trial (gave me one since my car had been sitting about an hour, only "fair" to give him one too) and we go back to staging. Burnouts, stage, "turn it loose" feel pretty good about it (I had the delay box LOADED up, would hate to hand it over on a red light). He leaves (5.94 dial in, I'm 4.95) goes 40 feet, and stops (about the time I leave) so I run it out to 3/4 track and, ummm, stop to avoid the breakout (which it definitely would've been)

Turns out he had broken the tranny, but I don't think it would've mattered (I was .012 to his .032 on the react, and I knew I was holding, so I would've been all over the brakes!)

Needless to say, it was an awesome feeling coasting across the finish line that time!

Taco, sorry for the hi-jack!
Old 10-22-2004, 03:04 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats Taco on your track championship also.

WOW!!! We have 2 members as bracket racing track champions.

Coach
Old 10-24-2004, 09:57 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats Taco! sounds like your battle was similar to mine. I wasn't planning on running points either since my track runs points every weekend April to October, but sometimes things just work out!

Next year they are running 2 times a month, so I'll be chasing points again I think

Quick Reply: on cloud 9, unreal last points race!