Bracket Racers any here!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 10:08 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom,

I've had some good years. I almost hate talking about the wins, because I do it for the fun. The wins and other things are icing on the cake for me. But yep, I've had a good time racing and met some nice people along the way!

Originally Posted by Hrod382
Do most of you run bottom bulb footbrake or transbrake or are any of you top bulb/pro-tree with delay guys?

Villain... I guess you get to run pretty much all year round? I despise you for your geographical position!
I run footbrake bottom bulb mostly, although I did do a little "open-comp" style 5-tenths pro-tree index racing towards the end of the year. I usually race from January til end of November, as my local track closes down for 7 weeks. Gainesville Raceway usually sees plenty of professionals testing during their off-season.

Originally Posted by LS1SSII
I look to do better when I stop running a stock suspension 10.5" tire car against dragsters and full tube cars .
But having a stock suspension 10.5" tire car beat up on a dragster is a great feeling But I agree that sometimes it can be like bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Derek
Old 12-30-2005, 05:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started racing brackets in the 70's when it first got started. I also ran stock eliminater in the 70's. When my children went to school I gave up racing until my youngest went off to college. In 1995 I started back with my current 1995 camaro Z28. I've won 2 track championships with it and lot of races in thr last 10 yrs with it. the 2006 race season was not one of my best but I did manage 2 wins and 4 runner ups only running money races. I am currently 57 years old and hope to race for a long time Frank95z
Old 12-30-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I bracket race a 00' Z28 at Huntsville Dragway in footbrake, i've raced
it every weekend since it was new, It's got 118k miles on the odometer
and I used to drive it daily, until most recently I got a truck to haul it with.

I have been pretty succesful with it scoring 4 top ten finishes, and 1 track
championship, winning a few high $$$ footbrake races and many late round
finishes. My current final round record with the camaro is 15-1.

Glad to see more bracket racers on here though. You gotta love the
bottom bulb racing. I hope one day to transform my car into a
stock/superstock car they are the ultimate!
Old 12-30-2005, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey Villian I remember seeing you in National Dragster you had to run Bishop in the Race of Champions, good job man he's a tough one. You should make your way up to the short north of Huntsville, AL sometime and do some feetbraking with us.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Y'all don't listen to Jason (BAMALS1). He is really, really, REALLY being modest.

I don't blame him though, if I was considered a threat to win if I was riding a bicycle, I wouldn't go around bragging about it either.

Beats all I ever seen, get in a car (going from a low 8 sec. street car to a mid 6 sec. tube chassis race car!!!) for the first time and go rounds in an INVITATION only FootBrake shootout against some of the best in the country... the boy got skillz!!!

Go 'head Jay-Berg, cut loose and tell 'em how good you really are man, I got your back!

Taco
Old 12-31-2005, 01:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You know how it is Taco. 25% car, 25% driver, and 50% luck!
Old 12-31-2005, 02:31 PM
7 Second Club

Thanks for the comments Bama. I agree Franky is a tough cookie. He is a real nice guy, I met him a few years ago at US 19 during a $1,000 to win footbrake race.

I'll say at some tracks the skill level is much higher than others, but a little luck never hurts, and I'd always rather be lucky than good!

Derek
Old 12-31-2005, 02:56 PM
9 Second Club

See sig.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, does Mellissa Rollins still run at Gainsville? I met her a couple years ago at the bracket finals, she was racing a silver firebird and did pretty well, I hadn't seen anything about her in a while
Old 01-01-2006, 12:14 AM
7 Second Club

She's the ex-wife of a good friend of mine who owns a speed shop. Ever since she got divorced she stopped racing, and recently had twins. Last time I saw her was about a year ago. Good racer, shame it didn't work out between her and my buddy.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up

I bracket race a bit myself. Minnesota, Iowa, and some Wisconsin. NHRA and IHRA. Ran the Summit series in 2 classes this summer. Car had some probles this fall though.... That's racing.

'J

Quick Reply: Bracket Racers any here!!