New motor best today!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 08:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blackz93
Nice!!

What street tires you talking about?
275/60-15 Pepboy Futura radials baby!!! And they're like 2 - 3 years old and don't have very much tread left. And just to give you an idea of what these tires are like, the tread rating on them is 440 or something stupid like that, hehe!!!
Old 02-06-2006, 08:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
awesome, what is your n/a setup? your na power is as fast me with a blower.

can your car come out any harder n/a?
Huh? I don't have an N/A setup, I just up the timing a little, everything else is the same, that's why she comes out like a pig on motor, she usually bogs the motor down cuz she can't come out hard enough to pull through and she hooks so good and she's setup for spray, so she just doesn't do as good as she could on motor. I am usually in the high 1.6's to low 1.7's 60's on motor, but I started messing with the rear shocks to try and make her hit softer so maybe she wouldn't hit as hard and bog the motor down so bad and it worked a little, cuz I cut a 1.58 on my 10.95 pass and then the other passes were all in the low - mid 1.6's. I wish I could come out harder on motor, but like I said, not willing to spend the money and take the time to change around setups for a little while to see what she could really do on motor!
Old 02-08-2006, 05:01 PM
TECH Regular

I wish I could hook up at Moroso. I'm spinning Nittos and wouldn't even consider running street tires there. I thought about going then because I figured the track would be prepped better than normal but I was too tired from work.

At any rate, nice times man!
Old 02-08-2006, 05:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Wile_E
I wish I could hook up at Moroso. I'm spinning Nittos and wouldn't even consider running street tires there. I thought about going then because I figured the track would be prepped better than normal but I was too tired from work.

At any rate, nice times man!
It's all in the suspension man, set the car up right and you should be able to get it to hook anywhere!
Old 02-08-2006, 05:33 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats Brother.

Sorry to hear about the red light in the 1st round. Been there and done that!

Coach
Old 02-08-2006, 05:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Coach 02 A3 Z/28
Congrats Brother.

Sorry to hear about the red light in the 1st round. Been there and done that!

Coach
Thanks Coach! Funny thing is, I so could've won some money if I didn't kill myself, my r/t's were on all day, and the car was consistant as a SOB!!!! Guess I got a little antsy since it was the first time I actually stepped up into the big boy class, I decided instead of pullin my t-brake button out of the car and running pro (no electronics) that i'd just say f-it and run superpro cuz of how good my r/t's were all day, who needs a delay box, that ****'s for sissy's, hehehe! Payout would've been nice, it's usually decently larger for super pro than it is for pro!

They got points night saturday and i'm off this weekend, so I may go out and try again!

Last edited by Loudmouth LS1; 02-08-2006 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
It's all in the suspension man, set the car up right and you should be able to get it to hook anywhere!
I know, I just don't want to spend money for the quarter because I only go there for recreation.

Quick Reply: New motor best today!!!!