Won me a nice little 68 firebird on PINKS !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 08:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice pics
Old 07-04-2006, 08:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

great pic!
Old 07-04-2006, 09:09 AM
7 Second Club

I agree, awesome launch shot!

I'd love to buy the car but don't have anywhere close to that $. Bummer too, you don't see enough clean 1st gen Firebirds anymore.

Derek
Old 07-04-2006, 10:23 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its all good guys, thats the chance I decided to take. Not sure what Im gonna build yet but it will be bigger and better
Old 07-04-2006, 10:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NRC-Motorsports
42k reserve? So, what happens if it doesnt meet the reserve on ebay and nobody buys it?

that pic of you two leaving the line is great....

jay
What happens when that car doesn't sell on Ebay for that kinda $$$? You can buy 8 second cars for $30-$35k everyday of the week. I can show you a 8.30 DR Mustang for $30,000. If it was legit, it would be sold with no reserve.

What happens if the car doesn't sell? Tosto?

Ebay link?
Old 07-04-2006, 10:40 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Pinks is getting as bad as Nascar....new rules every week.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:59 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1
What happens when that car doesn't sell on Ebay for that kinda $$$? You can buy 8 second cars for $30-$35k everyday of the week. I can show you a 8.30 DR Mustang for $30,000. If it was legit, it would be sold with no reserve.

Ebay link?
I can show you a 69 camaro for $125,000, whats your point. If you dont think its worth it dont buy it. That was our demand for us to go on the show. We did not want to see our cars go for 5k, Its really going to be hard to see my car go ive had it for a long time and put every nut and bolt in it. If the car dont sell for that it still tims car to do what he wants with
Old 07-04-2006, 12:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

that car is WELL worth 42K

an 8.30 drag radial mustang's body is worth 500 dollars. thats the big difference.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

well they are two awesome cars guys and look foward to seein the PINKS episode.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:39 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Interesting.

I'm just curious if the car doesnt sell on eBay can you give the car back?

Sounds like a fun time but also seems like a lot of legal mumbo jumbo just to get on TV and give away your car..
Old 07-04-2006, 01:57 PM
10 Second Club

It wouldn't take much for a friend to make a 42K bid and keep it in the family
Old 07-04-2006, 02:20 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

If I were in that situation.. I'd at least give my brother the $ if teh car sells... or let him do the buy it now deal, and sell it back, and then give the $ back... even if you had to hold onto the $ for a year, it woudl be worth it... no way I could let family lose a car like that..... way too much work into it.

But congrats to both on making the show, I can't wait to see it, should be the best one ever, 2 real cars that actually run the #... too cool!
Old 07-05-2006, 07:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1

Ebay link?

You won't buy this car for 30k .You've seen pics of my car, picture that ,but a first gen. His car is immaculate full interior stock seats you name it its right, none the less in runs in the 9's all motor with only 357 ci and 3500 lb weight 4speed.

The car is mine if it doesn't sell I can do what I want with it. I might put an ls1 in it

The show was a blast just sit back and enjoy it you guys will love it
Old 07-05-2006, 09:56 AM
10 Second Club

It's cool that you two get to show off on tv but I personally didn't have the ***** to do it. I was actually offered a spot on the show but refused to participate if there was actually a chance I would lose my car. I guess the show is legit. The Tosto bros have bigger gonads than I do.

I can understand the price tag too. My car is probably only worth $15,000 max but someone would have to offer me four times that amount before I'd sell it. Sentimental value adds a lot to a price tag. But in this case the 1st gen may actually be worth the price tag...at least after Pinks airs it will be. You know there will be more than a handfull of rich guys that will see that episode and just have to have that car! I bet it sells for more than the reserve.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:20 AM
TECH Regular

cant wait to see the show, those are some bad rides. congradulations
Old 07-05-2006, 11:11 AM
TECH Addict

Wow those are some sweet pics, but I have to say PINKS should have no say over what you do with the car...I mean im sure they are great people to deal with but honestly your putting your car on the line against someone elses car so why should they have any say over what you do with it? You should have full say over what is done with the car, whether you want to give it back to your brother or light it on fire (obviously im not serious about lighting it on fire), it should be your decision IMO. Props to you guys going on the show but I find it funny that they want to have a say into what is done with the car...because honestly if they think it will affect the integrity of the show they are wrong. No one see where the car goes after the show, you just see 2 guys race, and one loses his car...then thats it, they havent done any follow ups so who is going to know/care what happened to the guys car who lost? Sorry for the rant but that is just another great example of TV exec's trying to control everything...PS the car is worth every penny of the 42K, wish I wasnt buying a house or id love to throw a bid on it, good luck guys!
Old 07-05-2006, 11:31 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Wow those are some sweet pics, but I have to say PINKS should have no say over what you do with the car...I mean im sure they are great people to deal with but honestly your putting your car on the line against someone elses car so why should they have any say over what you do with it? You should have full say over what is done with the car, whether you want to give it back to your brother or light it on fire (obviously im not serious about lighting it on fire), it should be your decision IMO. Props to you guys going on the show but I find it funny that they want to have a say into what is done with the car...because honestly if they think it will affect the integrity of the show they are wrong. No one see where the car goes after the show, you just see 2 guys race, and one loses his car...then thats it, they havent done any follow ups so who is going to know/care what happened to the guys car who lost? Sorry for the rant but that is just another great example of TV exec's trying to control everything...PS the car is worth every penny of the 42K, wish I wasnt buying a house or id love to throw a bid on it, good luck guys!
B/C in the first season of PINKS there were PLENTY of cars rumored to be trading back to their owners for small sums (a few thousand dollars in one case I know of) after the shows were done, when the cars were worth much more than that. If you raced for pink slips back in the day (even now in some areas) you could buy the car back but not even close to that cheap! So I'm guessing they thought "the name of the show is PINKS, but if we don't change something in the contracts, it will look like a joke."

I agree you should be able to sell the car back to your brother Tim, but it should be a "fair" value, based on the idea behind the show.

Of course, all this is just my $.02. You definately have bigger nads than me, as my Nova means way too much to me to risk it on the show.

And if the 'Bird looks even close to what you're describing Tim, it's worth the $42K and more.

Derek
Old 07-05-2006, 11:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

i have seen this car in person. i love it.

it would cost me 42K + the cost of divorce. ugggg
Old 07-05-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
i think the first problem was letting brothers run,as they would not really be losing the car,the integrity of the show was compramised when they did that, they knew right from the get go there would be a problem with that ,
and having them put the car on ebay with a 42k rerserve,again no point in that,unless someone really wants that car,it out of most guy,s reach.[not saying anything about cars,and the average car nowadays to build ,is close to that,] but it should have had a much more realistic reserve/or none,so the car would sell,thats the point of the show, you loose,you loose your car,[if they didnt have that format than everyone would try to be on the show],and if they want to maintain that format, they need to choose the racers differently and not have .faimily race,, this is a loophole they need to figure out what to do with as it ,dosent seem fair to the other looser,s who lost thier cars, [and if they did let previous loosers buy their cars back for less money than the brother should be able to buy it back for said sum,] just my .02, bob

Last edited by NRC-Motorsports; 07-05-2006 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:09 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by NRC-Motorsports
i think the first problem was letting brothers run,as they would not really be losing the car,the integrity of the show was compramised when they did that, they knew right from the get go there would be a problem with that ,
and having them put the car on ebay with a 42k rerserve,again no point in that,unless someone really wants that car,it out of most guy,s reach.[not saying anything about cars,and the average car nowadays to build ,is close to that,] but it should have had a much more realistic reserve/or none,so the car would sell,thats the point of the show, you loose,you loose your car,[if they didnt have that format than everyone would try to be on the show],and if they want to maintain that format, they need to choose the racers differently and not have .faimily race,, this is a loophole they need to figure out what to do with as it ,dosent seem fair to the other looser,s who lost thier cars, [and if they did let previous loosers buy their cars back for less money than the brother should be able to buy it back for said sum,] just my .02, bob
Were you there that night we ran? Cause you have it all figured out but yet know nothing about the show. If you guys want to learn more about the show then go on it. Obviously your not to attached to your car cause if you were it would make you sick to think of it gone no matter what the price. And please Keep your .02

Quick Reply: Won me a nice little 68 firebird on PINKS !!!!