Won me a nice little 68 firebird on PINKS !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 04:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, basically, they are making you sell it on Ebay so you can't just give it back to him because he's your brother, yet they let you set the reserve so high that you know it won't sell, and in that case, you just get to keep it, no questions asked?

Wow, congrats, you guys found a huge loophole then, looks like you get to keep your car. Either A) the reserve won't be met or B) just have a buddy buy it for 42k, pay the Ebay fees (probably ~$150 or so) and keep the car.

Shawn
Old 07-05-2006, 04:23 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1
So, basically, they are making you sell it on Ebay so you can't just give it back to him because he's your brother, yet they let you set the reserve so high that you know it won't sell, and in that case, you just get to keep it, no questions asked?

Wow, congrats, you guys found a huge loophole then, looks like you get to keep your car. Either A) the reserve won't be met or B) just have a buddy buy it for 42k, pay the Ebay fees (probably ~$150 or so) and keep the car.

Shawn
What an Idiot, go buy another overpriced jeep cherokee, I mean Hummer. Thats a good investment
Old 07-05-2006, 04:34 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm an idiot? Let me go out to my garage and sit in my car and be a idiot.

Nowhere did I attack you or your car, yet you choose to make it personal. Who bought a Hummer as an investment? I have nearly $40k in my 401k plan, ~$60k equity in my home, and ~$10k in savings for that, lol. I do appreciate your concern for my financial wellbeing, however.

All I'm saying is that Pinks is a joke, and the "you have to sell it to maintain the integrity of the show, but you can price it so high that no one will buy it and keep it wink wink" thing is stupid, stupid because it further kills any credibility that that show might have had, which was very little.

Shawn

Last edited by SPANKY LS1; 07-05-2006 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:52 PM
9 Second Club

Nowhere did I attack you or your car, yet you choose to make it personal. Who bought a Hummer as an investment? I have nearly $40k in my 401k plan, ~$60k equity in my home, and ~$10k in savings for that, lol. I do appreciate your concern for my financial wellbeing, however.

All I'm saying is that Pinks is a joke, and the "you have to sell it to maintain the integrity of the show, but you can price it so high that no one will buy it and keep it wink wink" thing is stupid, stupid because it further kills any credibility that that show might have had, which was very little.

Shawn
Your "Attack as you call it" was saying my car couldnt bring 42k, yet you have never seen it.

Thanks for letting us know how much money you have. I have more respect for you now
Old 07-05-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 9secbird
Were you there that night we ran? Cause you have it all figured out but yet know nothing about the show. If you guys want to learn more about the show then go on it. Obviously your not to attached to your car cause if you were it would make you sick to think of it gone no matter what the price. And please Keep your .02
why you getting mad at me, im saying that the show should,nt have put you guys in this position,[nor themselves as there was no good way out of this],hey its a race and someone has to loose ,we all know that,and you knew it before you went on show,and you still went on it
and thats one reason why i wouldnt go on it, as i do like my car quite abit and ,as we all know in racing anything can happen,
and i stated that if in fact they did let people buy back their car,than you guys should have that option,also, nothing was said about you???sorry
bob

Last edited by NRC-Motorsports; 07-05-2006 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do you guys always get mad when you watch a TV show? This thread is becoming so retarded I can't even stand it:
  1. If you don't like their rules, don't run your car on Pinks.
  2. If you don't like the show, DON'T WATCH IT.
  3. If you don't like this thread, keep your ******* dick-skinners away from the keyboard!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 09:16 PM
MASS seller approved

awesome thread when is this episode coming on? so two brothers lined them up?
Old 07-05-2006, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

spanky, did you just brag about 10K in savings?

wow, you are weak. no wonder your cars are slow.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you don't like this thread, keep your ******* dick-skinners away from the keyboard!!!
Thats sig material right there .And I cant wait to see this pinks episode,2 of the nicest "show quality" race cars wheels up and out for blood.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:13 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 9secbird
Your "Attack as you call it" was saying my car couldnt bring 42k, yet you have never seen it.

Thanks for letting us know how much money you have. I have more respect for you now
That guy obviously has no clue to the value of a car like yours or Tims (I still think Tims is the best looking Fbody around). I think the way Pinks set the race was the only way for 2 brothers to race, can`t wait for the show. Sorry you had to loose an awsome car.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Shawn
As the average person we may think 42g's is a lot, but there's plenty of people out there with more money than they know what to do with that will jump all over that car and probably think it's pretty cheap! That car is beautiful and well worth the money, wish I had it myself to be honest, I love first gens!!!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 11:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA

Maybe that's why mine's so fast, what's a savings?
Old 07-05-2006, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

I have seen both cars and they are worth way more than the reserves they set. Both brothers built those cars and kept them show quality as well as kick *** cars at the track. look at some of the shows where they sell 1st gen's for over 50K that are no where near as nice and fast as what these brothers have in their cars.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:40 AM
Staging Lane

A guy told me about the outcome of this episode at the car show the other day, he had a picture of your car and everything in his book he had along with his car(02 SOM SS) Damn nice ride pushin 600 horses.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Caveman
That guy obviously has no clue to the value of a car like yours or Tims (I still think Tims is the best looking Fbody around).
Nowhere in this thread did I question the "value" of his car. All I asked was what would happen if/when the car didn't sell for $42k? An honest question. Maybe it will sell for 42k, maybe it won't, my question was what if it didn't? Doesn't seem like there is a contingency plan which is surprising considering Pinks is "making" them sell it on Ebay. I just find it hard to believe that if Pinks was so worried about their image or reputation, they would allow the car to be sold at such a high reserve that there was a chance that it may not sell? What a car is worth and what a car will sell for are usually two very different things.

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA

I responded to a comment that my Hummer (wifes DD BTW) was a bad investment. Wha kind of moron buys a cookie cutter mid-sized SUV for an investment? Only a retard would even think to bring that up. He was searching for a wisecrack/insult, and all he could come up with was that my wifes DD was a bad investment, lol. Kinda like insulting me because my cars are "slow". My cars are slow because I choose not to waste any more $$$ on cars. I have spent plenty of $$$ in the past, and now that I am all grown up, I have realized that there are more important things than having a car that I can drive once every two weeks, that there are other things in this world than modding cars. Like still having my car in my garage, with the title still in my name.

Bottom line, good luck to 9secbird, hope the car sells and/or you get to end up keeping it, I have seen the pics, and it sounds and looks like a nice car. I look forward to following the Ebay link and being proven wrong, I may eat crow at that point, it won't be the first time, and I'm sure i won't be the last. Or I may be right.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, anyway I will say this. I know that feeling my bro's got I couldn't hardly sleep the night before and like I said almost said no. If his car hits the reserve which it will imo its gone and that sucks ,but thats the chance you take we wanted to be on the show. It will be an awesome show with some wheels up racing why don't you guys just enjoy the show and watch some wheelstanding stickshifted f-bodies go at it. Quit trying to figure it out just watch and then watch the ebay link.

I'm just glad I won and can keep my car I would have been sick
Old 07-06-2006, 07:29 AM
On The Tree

let us know when it airs Tim. It will be awesome to watch.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm looking forward to watching this one!
Old 07-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Staging Lane

I for one was at the taping....and I must say that it made me giggle like a little kid hearing you guys letting off the T-brake and hangin' the front wheels! I have a feeling that the show will not do ANY justice to what the feeling was like actually seeing these two machines go at it! If anybody living in STL has seen these cars go at it before you know what I mean! All in all it was WAY worth it staying till 130 AM to watch the last race. The races were actually very close every time! All I got to say is good luck to the both of you with whatever you decide to do!
Old 07-06-2006, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

I think its awesome that two brothers raced on the show, that’s pretty cool and not to mention both having some bad *** cars! Looking forward to seeing the episode. As for ownership of the cars, my theory is since all of us here are spectators, who gives a **** what stipulations or deals were made by the two racers, our only concern as a spectator is to see a good race. Pinks is a TV show and is for our entertainment purposes only.

Quick Reply: Won me a nice little 68 firebird on PINKS !!!!