Won me a nice little 68 firebird on PINKS !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right on, and an awesome show it will be !!!!!! I will definatley post up when its on
Old 07-06-2006, 11:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stop arguing, they raced two fuggin awesome cars and we all get to see it. Dam right I'd want to give my bro a fair shot at getiing his car back that he shed blood sweat and tears for(and lots of $$$). Dam do you people have siblings?
Old 07-06-2006, 11:43 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by OutrageousZ
. Pinks is a TV show and is for our entertainment purposes only.
F'n A Man!
Old 07-06-2006, 01:34 PM
Tenured Member

We ventured down for this race and I will definetly say this is going to be one of the best shows. The first race you should of heard the crowd as these guys were bumper dragging it for a 50 + feet! Congrats on the Win Tosto but for any bashers out there, I would gladly put a wager up to say that Firebird pulls in atleast 40k.

It may not be by some hardcore racer, it just might be some dad or retiree or some rich guy that has all the money in the world and loves pinks, but either way it will happen. That was downright one of the baddest looking 1st Gen Birds I have ever seen!
Old 07-06-2006, 03:17 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks alot guys, I promise you wont be disapointed
Old 07-06-2006, 03:18 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by OutrageousZ
I think its awesome that two brothers raced on the show, that’s pretty cool and not to mention both having some bad *** cars! Looking forward to seeing the episode. As for ownership of the cars, my theory is since all of us here are spectators, who gives a **** what stipulations or deals were made by the two racers, our only concern as a spectator is to see a good race. Pinks is a TV show and is for our entertainment purposes only.
The best statement in this whole thread
Old 07-06-2006, 03:19 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Gentlemen
I for one was at the taping....and I must say that it made me giggle like a little kid hearing you guys letting off the T-brake and hangin' the front wheels! I have a feeling that the show will not do ANY justice to what the feeling was like actually seeing these two machines go at it! If anybody living in STL has seen these cars go at it before you know what I mean! All in all it was WAY worth it staying till 130 AM to watch the last race. The races were actually very close every time! All I got to say is good luck to the both of you with whatever you decide to do!
T-brake?????? You mean dump the clutch lol. Theres nothing like dumping it at 8000
Old 07-06-2006, 04:23 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats to both of ya'll for being on PINKS. Cant wait to see it on Speed.

Coach

PS. I am watching this thread. Please play nice and keep the wording clean.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Banned

only question i have is this, if it does sell for $42k, who is keeping the money? Tim, you gonna hook your bro up with some cash, or keep it for yourself and make the Orange car even faster? congrats on the win btw, both very awesome, great looking cars.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:44 PM
9 Second Club

He said he was gonna wipe his *** with money so people stop asking,lol
Old 07-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Banned

haha, i say he keeps half and makes that orange beast run 8s with the t56....and ofcourse splits the other half between myself and you.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:55 PM
TECH Regular

Screw that, if I won my Dad's car I'd do all I could to let him keep it. I'm sure no one who's built a sub 10 second car would be furious if the brother just gave the car back, anyone who hasn't done it just wouldn't understand.

Sweet cars, at the end of the day who care's about the credibility of a show when you're talking about two peoples cars that mean a lot to them. It's a freaking TV show if you get that offended if it's not "real" you're screwed up.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:21 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Hrod382
Screw that, if I won my Dad's car I'd do all I could to let him keep it. I'm sure no one who's built a sub 10 second car would be furious if the brother just gave the car back, anyone who hasn't done it just wouldn't understand.

Sweet cars, at the end of the day who care's about the credibility of a show when you're talking about two peoples cars that mean a lot to them. It's a freaking TV show if you get that offended if it's not "real" you're screwed up.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:41 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

What I`d like to know is : This show airs later this summer, Tim has to put your car on EBay the next day. Since this is your only means of going down the 1/4 can you race the Firebird anymore or do you just have to park it?
Old 07-06-2006, 10:34 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Caveman
What I`d like to know is : This show airs later this summer, Tim has to put your car on EBay the next day. Since this is your only means of going down the 1/4 can you race the Firebird anymore or do you just have to park it?
They said If Tim said its ok, I could race. But Im sure it will just sit and wait . Or maybe we will bring it to the september race
Old 07-07-2006, 01:34 AM
Staging Lane

T-Brake, dumping the clutch....whatever....I'm getting giddy just thinking about the way it looked/sounded/felt...yes...you could feel these cars down the track!
Old 07-07-2006, 07:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I will prolly give my bro 5 bucks to start on his new ride I want him to build an ls1 again and stick with it so this would be the perfect start as long as he runs 9.72 Todd can race the car if he likes ,but it will prolly sit till the show airs.

Thanks guys for all the props it wa awesome!
Old 07-07-2006, 10:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hrod382

Exactly, I love the people who have commented and have said that he shouldnt have a decision and to "keep the integrity of the show" they should have to lose the car...put yourself in the other persons shoes, its your brother and his car that he has spent years building and racing and has a ton of money sunk into it. True thats the nature of the show, that you are supposed to lose your ride, but the two racers are putting everything ont he line, so it should be their decision on what they choose to do with the car after they win. The show is risking NOTHING, so they should have no say what the winner does with the losers car, period. Keep the integrity of the show...lol who cares, its a damn TV show...
Old 07-07-2006, 10:16 AM
Launching!

Really i cant wait to see it after seeing that picture of you leaving the line.
Bill-
Old 07-07-2006, 10:37 AM
On The Tree

I sure wish he kept that red TA he bought to fix up LOL

Quick Reply: Won me a nice little 68 firebird on PINKS !!!!