Wheelie pics that broke everything...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 02:47 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

The lenth of the arm also has to do with the amount of lift.. you have a shorter arm you are going to have to point the nose down more then with a longer arm.. loudmouth what you are saying is why I went with the longer, arm.. I didn't have to go to the extreme with the setting on the front. I've got the arm I think 2 holes down from the top, so I still have some more room to go up and down with it as the power level increases, etc.etc.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

forgot to shift to 2nd? man that sucks! sorry to hear it broke.

BTW, Wayne, do you still have stock front suspension under that beast? it's awesome to see the car going that fast.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
The lenth of the arm also has to do with the amount of lift.. you have a shorter arm you are going to have to point the nose down more then with a longer arm.. loudmouth what you are saying is why I went with the longer, arm.. I didn't have to go to the extreme with the setting on the front. I've got the arm I think 2 holes down from the top, so I still have some more room to go up and down with it as the power level increases, etc.etc.
Yeah, but I had a full length adjustable arm in the car mounted on the crossmember before the madman and I could not hook up for my life, as soon as I changed from the full length to the madman I went from 1.5's to 1.3's. I'm also launching with 300 horsepower worth of nitrous, so no matter how you have it set up, if it hooks, it's gonna lift 'em up pretty nicely. On motor the car comes out really soft, to be honest, I can't 60' for the life of me, usually in the 1.6's cuz it's just too soft. I am going to try a set of travel limiters to see if it'll help keep the nose down a little on the spray.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
that aint no wheelie, my friend dave is in his race stood the car up on his front bumper totally vertical and had one of the rear wheels off the ground. this was at the world street nationals here in orlando last week. he only dented his pan and pushed in his headers a little.

he's running it again this sunday dented stuff and all and going for mid 8's
Umm ATV did that too but he bent his rear license plate in half in the middle of it all, with the CD player rolling
Old 11-04-2006, 07:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by GrannySShifting
Umm ATV did that too but he bent his rear license plate in half in the middle of it all, with the CD player rolling
how many times did the cd player skip?
ahh well, pay to play, at least you didnt blow the motor...and you dont need to clean the leather too much.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:34 PM
11 Second Club

Pimp pics. I need me a set of those Hoosiers
Old 11-05-2006, 08:32 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that aint no wheelie, my friend dave is in his race stood the car up on his front bumper totally vertical and had one of the rear wheels off the ground. this was at the world street nationals here in orlando last week. he only dented his pan and pushed in his headers a little.

he's running it again this sunday dented stuff and all and going for mid 8's

If you read the post it went all the way on the bumper .... bent the Lic. plate ...rode the bumper for 10-15 feet. One of the track officals said he saw all 4 wheels off the ground for a second.

Congrads to your buudy..... my friend John Force runs 4's and ****
Old 11-05-2006, 01:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ATVracr
If you read the post it went all the way on the bumper .... bent the Lic. plate ...rode the bumper for 10-15 feet. One of the track officals said he saw all 4 wheels off the ground for a second.

Tell John that I said hi and that his burnouts are icyhawt ok?
Old 11-05-2006, 08:43 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

You have a real nice car but you are really kind of sounding a little cocky. This is a vid at the World Street Nats of 3rd round qualifying dragradial my wheelie is at 14:38 of the vid and yes I bent the license plate too and rode the bumper for about 50' not 15'. Oh yeah the run before that was an 8.84 against Paul Majors badass 7sec Vette.http://www.yellowbullet.com/Orlando/R3QDR.wmv

Dave
Old 11-05-2006, 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

yea that's my buddy/friend Dave that runs 8's and was the one I was talking about. not sure why you are copping an attitude, the pics you posted show the front end high not dragging it and not with 4 wheels off the ground.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:17 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Caveman
You have a real nice car but you are really kind of sounding a little cocky. This is a vid at the World Street Nats of 3rd round qualifying dragradial my wheelie is at 14:38 of the vid and yes I bent the license plate too and rode the bumper for about 50' not 15'. Oh yeah the run before that was an 8.84 against Paul Majors badass 7sec Vette.http://www.yellowbullet.com/Orlando/R3QDR.wmv

Dave
Nice race car.

You win the wheelie contest I guess.

Now your the one who sounds a little cocky.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:18 PM
9 Second Club

yea that's my buddy/friend Dave that runs 8's and was the one I was talking about. not sure why you are copping an attitude, the pics you posted show the front end high not dragging it and not with 4 wheels off the ground.
READ dont just look at the pretty pics.

My buddy John Force is still faster
Old 11-05-2006, 10:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Wow guys, gettin a little hostile in here, chill out, we're all friends here!!! Anyways, wheelie's are cool to look at and all, but they are a big waste of energy and can hurt a lot of ****, so nothing to get into a pissing contest about! So kiss and make up guys!
Old 11-05-2006, 10:50 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Wow guys, gettin a little hostile in here, chill out, we're all friends here!!! Anyways, wheelie's are cool to look at and all, but they are a big waste of energy and can hurt a lot of ****, so nothing to get into a pissing contest about! So kiss and make up guys!
Yep Devon wheelies are not the way to go fast . I try to be friends with everyone, 90% of dragracers are very cool guys like you but a few are not.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:58 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Yes John Force is my favorite dragracer also. He doesn`t do many wheelies either he just goes fast. So I guess both of us need to work on keeping the car on the ground by driving better and getting the suspension dialed in good.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:59 AM
10 Second Club

yep your right Dave 10 percent of racers out there are asses..
Old 11-06-2006, 06:04 AM
9 Second Club

I agree

Probably the same 10% that come into someones thread and say "thats nothing my buddy does better wheelies and his racecar is faster than your streetcar"

If you have a mid 9 second car I'm pretty sure you would already know wheels up is not the fastest way down the track
Old 11-08-2006, 11:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

It was kinda of ghey for you to come in and talk about your buddies whatever like it was better or like it was the subject of discussion. if the post was "Whose wheelie was better", then yeah neato, and you get the free dinner at McDs but it wasnt.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:03 PM
10 Second Club

blah you guys are just being a little too hyper sensitive. It was a joke that got taken the wrong way.

Quick Reply: Wheelie pics that broke everything...