PINKS All Out.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 01:29 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
The show had it's flaws.. but better then the regular b.s. Putting up $ to enter might make it better, something I'd still do. Be nice to actually have driven to the track street cars too...... which kinda 1/2 eliminates my car.... unless I pulled the old trailer it 20 miles from the track gimmick LOL>
Another one of those. I wish ******* who want to call their street cars, STREET CARS would drive them from the driveway to the track and back. Hell the track is 140 miles from where I live, wont see me putting my junk on a trailer. Buck up kiddo!

Nate
Old 11-28-2006, 03:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

the only bad thing about that is if you break, you are 140 miles from home w/ no way to get there,lol.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:46 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate_Taufer
Another one of those. I wish ******* who want to call their street cars, STREET CARS would drive them from the driveway to the track and back. Hell the track is 140 miles from where I live, wont see me putting my junk on a trailer. Buck up kiddo!

Nate

Oh I do drive my **** around believe me, 4.10s, th400, 6000 converter, the whole deal. I take it out at least once a week to go for a cruise to somewhere weather permitting, sumer time it will see the local cruise nights probably twice a week, maybe a trip up to work to hit a car show afterwards when the weather is permitting and I'm out early enough.

I just really don't enjoy putting 6.50 a gallon fuel in the tank and going for 200 mile trips, at about 9 mpg. Do the math, even if my truck gets 7 mph at 3.25 a gallon for regualr, I'm still saving a TON of $, and if something were to break, well I can get home at least. Closest track to me is about 100 miles one way, next one is over 300 round trip.. to get to any track that would host a pinks all out show, would be about a 500 mile trip. If race gas was sold at every station, it would be one thing.... but it's not,and I don't think putting 10 5 gallon cans in my car would be the safest thing to do.... and tuning it to run on pump gas.. I'd just rather not take the chance of getting a bad tank of gas.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:08 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nate_Taufer

Nate
140 miles is pretty far. I admit it is easier having a street car when the track and shop are close.
Just move, hehe.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:00 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally didn't like it too much. Since it turned out to be a 10.0 index race and you wernt allowed to go slower or faster then you qualified you could have picked the winers, barring breaking, from there Q times. They paird the closest times to start but at the end matching 10.3 to a 10.0 car was a no brainer. The car closest to 10 sec in qualifing was going to win the show. and there was no risk, the money was givin to them

Just my take
Old 11-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tektrans
140 miles is pretty far. I admit it is easier having a street car when the track and shop are close.
Just move, hehe.
Hahahaha Yeah I wish I could but my work is only like 4 miles away and it's very convenient.

JL-WS6, I think I got carried off on a rant and may have been misinterpreted. Rant over, didn't realize you're sipping 116 octane.

Nate
Old 11-28-2006, 02:40 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

not 116 yet LOL.... 105 unleaded froma pump that's not too far away. Although.. I can get C12 for about the same price.. go figure. Once the car's off the road completely, then I'll switch over, the cats and the rest of the exhaust will take a permanent vacation at that point.
Old 10-16-2022, 10:33 AM

Default DoubleEagleRacing

Originally Posted by tektrans
I thought is was a pretty good show. Some nice cars.
I loved Pinks All Out...
The 1970 Maverick, painted like an American Eagle, w wings and all, Was my favorite, 10.30s 136mph plus w wheel stand.
Go Leo

1970 Ford Maverik w 351 Cleveland

Quick Reply: PINKS All Out.....