Vengeance H/C package attacked the 1/4 mile today in Dinwiddie

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 02:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John,

David has STOCK Front wheels/Tires with STOCK 16"Z28 wheels on the rear with his slicks mounted on them... 3300lbs was with driver.... The car weighs roughly 3080 with no driver....

Originally Posted by JNorris
So these passes were run with the STOCK front wheels and tires, as in no skinnies?

Your 3300lbs race weight was with or without the driver?

John
Old 03-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Old Drag Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Congrats on the results!

I know this is not the 521hp car from the shop, but even with 483HP and expecialy with an auto I would expect more then that ET. I understand its the first time out, but its an automatic so its pretty much stab and steer. And whats with the 60'? Best of a 1.49 from an automatic with 483hp and a slick on Bogards and a 3300lbs race weight?

Im sure I'm going to get flamed for this so let the flaming begin, but I would realy like to see Vengence back up their Dyno numbers with track ET's as other shops have.

Either way congrats on the ET's the car IS fast no doubt!
I'm sorry but I've just got to ask. Have you ever been to a dragstrip before? If yes, have you ever driven a car down the dragstrip before? If yes, have you ever driven a car down the dragstrip before with more than 4 cylinders? My car was all over the damned rev limiter. Joey was launching just off idle and shifting the car from 1-2 about 30' out. The car was literally riding the shift extension (5900) most of the track. The car is NOT making great power there. Did you read where I said I have not optimized the car for the power curve? This is what I'm talking about. You wanna see my car run a 10.30 @ 130+? It doesn't matter. It still won't be fast enough to match up to those "other" shop cars. Stab and steer my ***. Go back to school and come back when you know enough to make a comment. Damn, I can't believe I got so pissed off at an idiotic schoolboy's comment.

*EDIT*
11SECSS, please chime in and explain how un-"stab and steer" my car is. Honestly, once you get down in the 10's a lot of cars aren't just stab and steer anymore.

Last edited by Smokinstorm; 03-12-2007 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Old Drag Racer

Originally Posted by JNorris
So these passes were run with the STOCK front wheels and tires, as in no skinnies?

Your 3300lbs race weight was with or without the driver?

John
Yes John. Stock 16" Z28 rims and tires up front. Stock A-Arms and stock brakes too. The car weighs 3080 with no driver and no gas. We had a little over a 1/4 tank of gas yesterday so that was around 40 pounds of gas. Joey weighed 180 hence my 3300 pound raceweight as close as I can figure. You reckon some chromoly A-Arms, race shocks, drag race brakes and Hoosier 11 pound tires on some Bogart skinnines is gonna make a difference??? That's close to 150 pounds off the front tire/suspension right there. I'm expecting at least a tenth and maybe two from just those things.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:03 PM
Old Drag Racer

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
Yea come on David!!!! You should be running 9.30s@165mph with that thing... I mean hell, everyone else is After all, its just stab and shoot right ?
I know man. I suck. Maybe I should just become an internet keyboard warrior and lie about what I ran. Then I can be a hero instead of a zero. I got up with my transmission guy today and we called Dave @ Rock-on. The transmission issue is going to be dealt with and a PT4400 converter going in the car to keep the engine above 6300 RPM the whole pass. That should give me an average of around 50 more horsepower to play with vs the 5900 RPM pass that netted me the 10.76. Watch what happens when I 60' this bastard in the high 1.3 range.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:09 PM
10 Second Club

Did you get an answer from Rock-On? Is that what tranny you have?
Old 03-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Old Drag Racer

Originally Posted by BAIN
Did you get an answer from Rock-On? Is that what tranny you have?

Yes, I've got a Rock-On level (unlimited?) 4L60e with the full manual valve body option. At least that's what it started out life as. I found out today that they have redone quite a few things in the valve body since they originally did mine 3 years ago. Rock-On said to send them the valve body and they would do everything to it to bring it up to today's standards. My local transmission guy is going to go ahead and put in new clutches, etc in my transmission while it's out to make sure everything is nice, shiny and new to be ready for the the abuse I'm going to subject it to. I'll probably hit the track once or twice more before pulling to transmission to establish a legitimate baseline on the car with the new motor before making any more changes.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:44 PM
10 Second Club

i've been the drag strip before,

i'm sure he's ran his time. in my lowered 3450 lb pig with the heavy 18" wheels i went a 10.9 with only a 1.6 60 ft.

i am making more power but our power to weight is similar.

put a rear bar in that car unless you dont want it to come out straight..
Old 03-12-2007, 07:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me just add this....This was my first time driving his car with basically having to manually shift the A4 and try watching the stock tach which almost stayed above 6k all the way down the track not to mention the factory steering was broken in the middle so trying to launch a car hold the steering wheel with one hand on the side and the other on the shifter ready to shift is not what I do best .

I weighted the car before going down the track and the scales said 32xx which could be off I dont know . His setup is not what most would say is the best for drag racing with stock Bilstiens on all for corners and stock 16" wheels on front and no rear swaybar (which some people do).

With a few more passes and a better tach thats accurate and , stall it up more like dave wanted me too ( not trying to wreck someone elses car) he wanted some base line runs . I"m greatful he let me drive his car .

p.s. get a new steering wheel
Old 03-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Old Drag Racer

Thanks for driving the car Joey. I know it's a handful to drive with the way it sits. I just wanted you to tell it. I'd actually forgotten about the "custom" steering wheel. I don't hold it up top so it's a non-issue for me. Joey did a great job for his first time driving with a manual valve body. He just has to put his car in Drive and punch the gas and the tranny shifts itself. Big difference in my car. I also have a manual torque converter lockup switch that's located under the emergency brake that I wanted him to find and activate at the 660' mark. I also wanted him to launch the car at a high RPM without losing traction, figure out where to push the shift lever so it would shift at 6900 RPM and stay off the rev limiter which is set at 7000, keep the car straight and off the wall, not blow it up and stop and wax the car real quick on the return road so it would look nice in the pits. So basically just "stab and steer". How hard can that be? Believe me, it'll go much quicker and probably faster the next time Joey drives it. I'm not sure it'll go quick enough to satisfy the masses but we're surely going to do the best we can. Thanks for everything again Joey.

Last edited by Smokinstorm; 03-12-2007 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Dave who gets the title change under there name to 10 Second Club....LOL
Old 03-12-2007, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Smokinstorm
Yes John. Stock 16" Z28 rims and tires up front. Stock A-Arms and stock brakes too. The car weighs 3080 with no driver and no gas. We had a little over a 1/4 tank of gas yesterday so that was around 40 pounds of gas. Joey weighed 180 hence my 3300 pound raceweight as close as I can figure. You reckon some chromoly A-Arms, race shocks, drag race brakes and Hoosier 11 pound tires on some Bogart skinnines is gonna make a difference??? That's close to 150 pounds off the front tire/suspension right there. I'm expecting at least a tenth and maybe two from just those things.

Considering your setup, this was a great pass! I wish I could run those numbers in the race trim you were in and in the DA.

You have a great setup!

John
Old 03-12-2007, 10:50 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 11SECSS
This would be me. Congrats.

Coach
Old 03-13-2007, 09:22 AM
10 Second Club

Good luck with the tranny. Hey if you ever want to go to a bigger converter I got a pt4400 restalled by Yank to a 4800 sitting in the garage
Old 03-13-2007, 10:50 AM
7 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great runs! Using a calcualtor which has been proven to be dead nuts accurate with the cartek guys says your car is making:
440-458rwhp
Old 03-13-2007, 11:06 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
Great runs! Using a calcualtor which has been proven to be dead nuts accurate with the cartek guys says your car is making:
440-458rwhp
What calculator is that? Where can I find it?
Old 03-13-2007, 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Any specs on the cam you are using?
Old 03-13-2007, 11:51 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

awesome results, that car's gonna run real good once you get it sorted out a little more. Those #'s are better then my nitrous 402 ran on motor the first day, so to me that say something.

if the car's staying n/a, definately toss a TH350 in there, that will really liven that car up and get rid of all the BS 4Ljunkie problems it sounds like you're having.... definately make going racing alot more fun.

Congrats!
Old 03-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Old Drag Racer

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
440-458rwhp
Considering how long the car stayed on the shift extension at 5900 RPM where the motor is making less than 400 horsepower I think we did really well to average that much.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Old Drag Racer

Originally Posted by 11SECSS
Go ahead man. I like "Old Drag Racer" best of all anyhow. It just fits.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Old Drag Racer

Originally Posted by BAIN
Good luck with the tranny. Hey if you ever want to go to a bigger converter I got a pt4400 restalled by Yank to a 4800 sitting in the garage
Thanks. I already talked to Dave @ Yank and a regular PT4400 should have a shift extension of right around 6300 RPM in my car. Dave is going to change mine to a PT4400 as soon as I can get the converter to him. I can't turn enough RPM in my motor to take advantage of your 4800 RPM stall speed. The shift extension would simply be too high for me. Thanks for the offer though. I'm going to try one more time to make this 4l60 transmission shift like I want it to. I can try this for a little coin at this point. If it doesn't work out, TH350 for me and I'll never look back. Anybody know if there's a higher, not lower 1st gear set available for the 4l60??? Like maybe a 2.75 instead of the 3.0x first gear.

Quick Reply: Vengeance H/C package attacked the 1/4 mile today in Dinwiddie