Turbo blazer goes to MOROSO & wins some $$$$

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo blazer goes to MOROSO & wins some $$$$

I went to the test and tuned on saturday @ moroso to get ready for sundays event....... average runs where 13.5's to 13.7's....
truck held up very well....

on sunday i went and ran in the event (NHRA import nationals) in the E.T. 2 class which was all cars 13.99 and faster.

my best time of the weekend came in class qualifieing.....
this was on 14psi with a 93/100octane mix in the gas tank...
i didnt use the methanol cause it caused me to go incredibly rich so im gonna wait till i can get HPtuners.
1/4 mile E.T.- 13.194
1/4 mile MPH- 98mph
1/8 mile E.T.- 8.198
1/8 mile MPH- 81mph
60'- 1.866
R/T'- .033

it was HOT ALL WEEKEND!

I was running 13.3's to 13.4's pretty consistant.
so my dial in was in the 13.3 to 13.4 range through out the competition.

was cutting low 1.9 & mid to high 1.8 60's all weekend.

there where cars in my class- this was all bracket racing so no BS-
i did so well bascially because i had more experience then the competitors.... my best R/T of the weekend was a .007 the rest where all .03x or .02x so thats what got me so far in the competition. plus i dialed back the boost to 10psi to run the 13.4's and 13.5's consistantly.

ran a total of 12 times over the weekend.... so that shows you the reliability of my set-up and its slowest run was a 13.8 im not gonna count the bracket races because i was on the brakes before the end to make sure i didnt break out. so i was running slow times. nice being way out ahead and having the option to slow down.....

i was RUNNER UP @ THE EVENT- won $300

GET THIS ****!!!!!
i was runner up BECAUSE..... my dumbass didnt put enough gas in the truck. ran outta fuel @ 1000ft mark on the last run and he caught me...... they had us run the last 3 rounds consecutivly so i couldnt add any fuel or have really much time for cool down. i asked the official if i could have 1 minute to go put a gallon of gas in and he said no so i had to finish it off........ and shitty for me i ran out..... rookie mistake. im gonna start going to alot of bracket races. this event was a huge event and im glad i did so well......

people loved the truck.... no one could find the turbo . and people couldnt beleive that it is daily driven and its a bone stock motor and a ONE TIRE FIRE.......

had fun...... gonna go to bradenton ASAP prolly this next thursday for T&T.

truck can hit 12's no problem...just need a cool or cold night. it was hitting third and bogging really bad. i need to move the 2nd to 3rd shift back 200rpm or so and just tune it in general.

next mods-
HPTUNERS 3bar SD and tune for methanol
3000stall w/ tranny cooler
Ford 8.8"
Air to water intercooler

will easily put me in the mid 12's
Old 04-03-2007, 04:58 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool. Congrats on the runner up finish.

Coach
Old 04-03-2007, 05:12 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on making some rounds happen, bummer about the running out of gas but as you mentioned, you learn something new every time you race!

Derek

Quick Reply: Turbo blazer goes to MOROSO & wins some $$$$