Things NOT to do at the track

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 11:19 PM
JUICED96Z

Default Things NOT to do at the track

After talking to a female friend with a honda civic (full bolt on B16 with a bunch of weight reduction but not a stripper car) thats going to the track for the fist time I figured I would post this.

Her: What should I do?

Me: Drive AROUUUNNNDDD the water box, not threw it..

Her: Is that the area after you pull off the track?

Me: I then tell her and tell her to make sure she at least spins the tires some of smoked them a bit to clean them off.

Her: I don't know how to do a burn out.....

Me: Ummm better yet, just scratch that one.....

Me: Race it like you stole it, don't baby your shifts, beat on it.

Her: What should I shift it at?

Me: When do you make peak power?

Her: I don't know.

Me: Just rape it ok.

Me: DO NOT pull clear up to the tree, pull up to the first beams.

Her: What does it look like?

Me: Just creep up untill the first lights come on, then a tad more untill the next come on.

Her: I don't want a really bad reaction time because then people will laugh at me.

Me: First worry about making it to the beams AROUND THE WATER BOX then on the third yellow go.

Her: How do I get off the track?

Me: Turn off at the big opening in the wall...........

Her: Can I wear anything I want?

Me: Um no, sleeved ***** and jeans.

Her: what do they look at at tech?

Me: For your car pretty much nothing since your not that fast, just leaks and stuff because most of the kids on street nigh have beaters that leak. I almost crahed because of a leak form someone else....

Her: I have a head gasket leak that leaks coolant but it burns up before it hits the ground.

Me: You mean you want to spin your car to 8,000 rpm multiple times going down the trap with a LEAKING HEAD GASKET?

Her: Yeah.... its not that bad......

Me: Go to the track.... pay to watch.... LEARN...... fix your car..... then go race it.

Her: Are you going that night to race?

Me: Ummmm no.

Smart girl just a newb when it comes to racing. If I get this other car I am going to take her out and show her what a built BBC on two stages of gas can do....
Old 04-02-2007, 11:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I wish I could say I have never had a simular talk with a new driver

You gave the right advise
Old 04-03-2007, 12:10 AM
JUICED96Z

The best part was when she was worried about people making fun of her.

Me: You are going on street tire/street legal night, its mostly high school kids that have no idea what they are doing. Go on a sticky tire night and THEN you can be worried about people laughing at you because thats when the serious guys and big dogs run. Drive threw the water box on those nights and they will hang you lol.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:20 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

people are going to be laughing at her for dragracing a honda so she's already lost out on that hope...

but yeah you did give her good advice. I HATE IMPORTS THAT ROLL THRU THE WATER ON STREET TIRES!!!! ARGGGGHHHHHH

Old 04-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
I HATE IMPORTS THAT ROLL THRU THE WATER ON STREET TIRES!!!! ARGGGGHHHHHH

Me too, the one track by me, Dragway 42, you have to back into the water box and they put it like right against the guard rail so FWD cant use it, they have to get out and spray water or have a friend do it...
Old 04-03-2007, 01:02 PM
JUICED96Z

Well most of street legal night is imports and cars that have no reason to be there.

Last time I went there was 5 DSM's..... All of them "tuning" on them in the pits........... all of them broke on the track.......

You go on a prep night and its people that for the most part know what they are doing and bring cars that are safe to race.

I don't think she will get made fun of to bad because street night is mostly half imports lol.