NMCA Late Model EFI Class Results for Route 66 Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default our slow cars

Originally Posted by vtec
looks like most of the cars in this class are running 12's and 13's... or slower.
well in bracket racing speed doesnt mean a whole lot , the class leader is running 14.00 although a 13 second car is hot on his tail, see i love bracket racing because it takes the car and speed out of it, you can make any car fast , our racing is purely driver vs driver, and there was a 9 second car at 1 event, and a mustang that runs with us is a 10 second car, i mean a fast car is cool , i wish i was faster but i drive my car everyday, to and from the track, including out of state, but there are classes for heads up racers , and those guys are in the 6 s and 7 s, which just takes money , in bracket racing money wont buy ya crap
Old 09-25-2007, 07:58 AM
Resident Racing Jerk

Boooo ring. thats why everybody gets up and goes back to the pits or grabs a burger when the bracket cars get called up.
money is for sure in bracket racing. maybe not with this slower class, but bracket racing takes money too.

-imo.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks like most of the cars in this class are running 12's and 13's... or slower.
Yep Most of these 12 & 13 second cars are consitent, and that is what wins the index classes.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matt D
Yep Most of these 12 & 13 second cars are consitent, and that is what wins the index classes.

Thats the reason why the bench in my garage currently has more performance parts on it than my car does.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Teching In

Boooo ring. thats why everybody gets up and goes back to the pits or grabs a burger when the bracket cars get called up.
money is for sure in bracket racing. maybe not with this slower class, but bracket racing takes money too.

-imo.
if you go get a burger thats your loss cause in our class you will miss some of the best racing, and i probaly would have a faster car by now if my car was as old as yours but i wanted a nice car that i could drag race, and road race, mabye one day i will get a bucket and fix it up so i can say i have a fast car
Old 09-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Retired Street Racer

-imo.
Money into the cars, no, but the payout is good. $400 for first plus $150 for each contingency. You can easily go home with $1,000 + in your pocket.

While you are talking about racing with us all, why is it that your heads and cam Camaro only goes 7.44 in the 1/8th? I do that with a stock longblock, on motor, and on drag radials.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:17 PM
kp
8 Second Club

I ran that class and have kind of a quick car. At any of the local heads up type events the stands clear out when the bracket cars are called because its mostly the bracket racers in the stands lol.

Its always funny that 'everyone' wants to see this awesome heads up racing but most organizations are struggling to get 16 car fields and yet every weekend local tracks are packed with bracket racers.

While dont get me wrong I enjoy watching some super polished 200K 'street' car run 6s and 7s as a racer but as a spectator I like to see some variety and some colorful cars that are just fun to watch.

But really nothing on earth can compare to watching NHRA fuel cars though, not only do you get the speed but you get the sound and the smell - sorry but not too many heads up cars can even compare to something like that unless you have the techincal knowledge to realize what the rules and restrictions are in some classes - which most spectators dont. You just have to be breathing to appreciate a fuel car on kill at night
Old 09-25-2007, 02:08 PM
Teching In

Default well put

Originally Posted by kp
I ran that class and have kind of a quick car. At any of the local heads up type events the stands clear out when the bracket cars are called because its mostly the bracket racers in the stands lol.

Its always funny that 'everyone' wants to see this awesome heads up racing but most organizations are struggling to get 16 car fields and yet every weekend local tracks are packed with bracket racers.

While dont get me wrong I enjoy watching some super polished 200K 'street' car run 6s and 7s as a racer but as a spectator I like to see some variety and some colorful cars that are just fun to watch.

But really nothing on earth can compare to watching NHRA fuel cars though, not only do you get the speed but you get the sound and the smell - sorry but not too many heads up cars can even compare to something like that unless you have the techincal knowledge to realize what the rules and restrictions are in some classes - which most spectators dont. You just have to be breathing to appreciate a fuel car on kill at night
yea the pros are exciting to watch, i enjoy the fast cars at nmca/ nsca but half the time they dont make it down the track, i enjoy all types of racing, i mean we all cant be a 4 second car
Old 09-25-2007, 04:32 PM
Resident Racing Jerk

While you are talking about racing with us all, why is it that your heads and cam Camaro only goes 7.44 in the 1/8th? I do that with a stock longblock, on motor, and on drag radials.
your talking about my full weight LS1 car.
a better question is why cant you hang with my LT1 car?
Old 09-25-2007, 04:40 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by kp
Amen!

I enjoy watching the heads-up stuff, but the $$$ you pour in constantly and then stuff is slow, outdated, rules are changed, etc. and people sell their stuff and get out.

Meanwhile, the booring bracket racing (or some form of it like Open Comp, EFI, etc) is still going strong...
Old 09-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Resident Racing Jerk

alot of bracket racers are only doing it because their cars dont fit into any of the headsup classes. and, some just dont have the money or patience for headsup. its hard to make a car fit a class, and brackets are the easier choice.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Default vtec

i m not saying my car is fast , but i hope you are a bracket racer because in the nmca s heads up classes you would get smoked, what is your 1/4 speed and et?
Old 09-26-2007, 01:10 AM
Resident Racing Jerk

Originally Posted by c5ul8r
i m not saying my car is fast , but i hope you are a bracket racer because in the nmca s heads up classes you would get smoked, what is your 1/4 speed and et?
im neither right now. because im running a friggin stock LT1 shortblock for crying out loud. i should hope i would get smoked in the nmca. it has only made around a dozen passes so far, all 1/8 mile. would have been mid 10's on a 125 shot though. ive dropped more weight, and shootin' for 9.70's with a 200 shot.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:42 AM
Teching In

im neither right now. because im running a friggin stock LT1 shortblock for crying out loud. i should hope i would get smoked in the nmca. it has only made around a dozen passes so far, all 1/8 mile. would have been mid 10's on a 125 shot though. ive dropped more weight, and shootin' for 9.70's with a 200 shot.
well cool i m not trying to talk smack but quit makin us feel bad for our slow cars i would not trade my slow 13.2 vette for any car out there, i wish u well!
Old 09-26-2007, 08:03 AM
Resident Racing Jerk

there is nothing wrong with a 13 sec. car at all, and i wasnt saying that. only that i dont care to watch a bunch of them going down the dragstrip. i can sit at a gas station and watch 13 sec. cars go by all day long, ya know?
Old 09-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Teching In

there is nothing wrong with a 13 sec. car at all, and i wasnt saying that. only that i dont care to watch a bunch of them going down the dragstrip. i can sit at a gas station and watch 13 sec. cars go by all day long, ya know?
thats why its alot more fun to participate in the event, but i still say people taking cars they drive everyday and racing is cool too, for example, i drove my car from columbus ohio to commerce ga through rain most of the trip and then drove that same car to the track and raced it on the same tires,thats gotta deserve some props from ya, and i'm gonna make my car a little faster over the winter and i think others will to
Old 09-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Retired Street Racer

I was talking about your heads and cam LS1 that can't even run with a bolton LS1 car. And who said I can't hang with a 7.13 in the 1/8th? I know I didn't. Bring your car up to Chitown and I'll ******* split your **** wide open on the street or track for $1,000. Let me know cupcake!
Old 09-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Teching In

Default wow

I was talking about your heads and cam LS1 that can't even run with a bolton LS1 car. And who said I can't hang with a 7.13 in the 1/8th? I know I didn't. Bring your car up to Chitown and I'll ******* split your **** wide open on the street or track for $1,000. Let me know cupcake!
sounds like a good episode of pinks
Old 09-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Resident Racing Jerk

you should update your sig, because it says you are running 11's.
im not impressed with your bolton LS1 if its in the 11's. we did that with a bolton LT1.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Teching In

Default lsx shootout

you should update your sig, because it says you are running 11's.
im not impressed with your bolton LS1 if its in the 11's. we did that with a bolton LT1.
why not meet us in memphis in a couple weeks?