New best time 13.94 nearly stock

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 10:16 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New best time 13.94 nearly stock

1998 T/A SLP exhaust and lid with my tool box in the back

13.94 at 101

I want to get my RT's down in the .1's consistently but this time was on a redlight unfirunately.

my 60' is in the 2.2 almost always. Went down to 15 psi on street tires and still had no traction.

This was at firebird in PHX (slow freaking track) they never do good track prep for the run whatcha brung racers on friday nights.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Teching In

what kind of temp was it. and i ran my street tires at 34lbs and had 2.00 60' all night long with no track prep but that was in cali, so im sure the air is a little different. but my best was 13.08 at 107mph and that is stock tune.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:31 PM
On The Tree

13.997@99.561 with a 60' of 2.287.This is what i did,and i can tell you it was cold at the track,8 celsius and i had no traction,but i'm going back tomorrow,cold again but fun, to get better times and i'll and i'll worry about rt's when i get better runs.As far as i know changing pressure on a street tire does absolutely nothing.
Anyways nice runs, by the way I posted last week in "first time at the track with the T/A"
Old 11-03-2007, 06:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea dont drop tire pressure in street tires.... dosent help... and dont do a burnout with them either... they just get slippery... i suggest buying a set of DR's one fo the best mods u can buy
Old 11-05-2007, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to disagree with the above. (not about the DR's that part I agree with) I can see where your coming from, but I dropped my Yoko A4's 235/55/16 to 20 psi and made a world of difference. (that and !front sway bar) Maybe its the slightly bigger sidewall. I also recommend doing a small burnout on street tires. Get them a little warm and get all the dirt/water off the tires (assuming you went around the wet box, theres still some over sprinkle from where they spray at my track).

Sorry, Nitro, but thats kinda slow. If your working on a launch (assuming your not bracket racing) don't pay attention to the lights. It has nothing to do with your ET. The clock starts when YOU go. Once I found this out a while back it made working on launches easier because I wasn't trying to beat the clock. I would bring the pressure up to about 20 psi, go around the wetbox, and floor it, just to get the tires cleaned off. Just my $.02
Old 11-09-2007, 05:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FiredUpZ28
I have to disagree with the above. (not about the DR's that part I agree with) I can see where your coming from, but I dropped my Yoko A4's 235/55/16 to 20 psi and made a world of difference. (that and !front sway bar) Maybe its the slightly bigger sidewall. I also recommend doing a small burnout on street tires. Get them a little warm and get all the dirt/water off the tires (assuming you went around the wet box, theres still some over sprinkle from where they spray at my track).

Sorry, Nitro, but thats kinda slow. If your working on a launch (assuming your not bracket racing) don't pay attention to the lights. It has nothing to do with your ET. The clock starts when YOU go. Once I found this out a while back it made working on launches easier because I wasn't trying to beat the clock. I would bring the pressure up to about 20 psi, go around the wetbox, and floor it, just to get the tires cleaned off. Just my $.02
I don't think blowing the tires off is the problem. I think he needs to get better at launching the car, and more comfortable with the M6. I make 526rwhp/505rwtq, and run high 11s on street tires with normal pressure, and 60 about 2.0

Thomas