Damn Gary

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 11:18 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn Gary

Everyone knows if you want a quick vehicle spend your money in the right places.

It's great to read about 7 second turbo's here. It cost lots of money to build a 7 second vehicle. Still takes a driver and crew to get a light, know the car, work the track, and keep it off the wall.

Gary Densham almost pulled off a Funny Car class victory Sunday. A single car, driver owned, almost unsponsored Funny Car. To boot it's a Chevrolet.

An old guy with lots of history. During each interview after winning he thanked Commerical Metal Fabricators. Sometimes it's fun to be old. There is lots of NHRA IHRA history out there. There were Ohio Boys long before the ones we know at LS1Tech. No disrespect to them!! I recently proved that. Commercial Metal Fabricators is a Dayton Ohio company. Dakin family owned since 1941. Pat Dakin drove the Rupp Dakin dragster in the 70's.

All sponsors spend money. Sponsors here spend money on this page. Without your friggen support, someday they might not be in business. Sort of reminds me about the LSX Shootout. You guys need to support it. Support the sponsors, thank the folks that have worked their asses off putting this event together. This is an event in progress. Meaning, the bugs are being worked out. Sometimes there isn't a leval playing field in Drag Racing. Densham proved Sunday, that's not an excuse. Are one of you the next Gary Densham? Will you work to fill the gap if GM pulls the plug after the next LSX Shootout? Or will you just bitch at me because you don't like old folks and few have figured out why in the hel I am here?

Jakes Dad -
Old 07-28-2008, 11:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw that yesterday too. I was damned impressed! John Force was sweatin his *** off worrying about getting cracked by a no-sponsor, budget team. I bet he has some sponsors next week. Good old Ohio Boys gettin it done.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Both Denshem and and Wilkerson the no sponsors have been hot . Hillary will going to the final again and Connolly out five races you have got to know money is tight for sponsors.

Then you look at the other lane to Will in the Final and wonder what will stop that budget
Old 07-28-2008, 03:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
I saw that yesterday too. I was damned impressed! John Force was sweatin his *** off worrying about getting cracked by a no-sponsor, budget team. I bet he has some sponsors next week. Good old Ohio Boys gettin it done.

Gary is a West Coast Racer not Ohio. But John knows Gary can drive since he once drove for John Force. Oh lord I just opened myself up for comments from the "THATS NOT NEWS" birds

Jim Head FC and Larry Morgan also live in Ohio

Jakes Dad
Old 07-28-2008, 03:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an uncle and aunt that live in Ohio. lol
Old 07-28-2008, 04:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
I have an uncle and aunt that live in Ohio. lol

Many folks have been through Ohio, some even stay. I once thought I was a Stud because I have a friend in Florida that breads horses.

In Most PROFESSIONAL sports - Ohio sucks.

College isn't much better. We do well in football until Christmas.

So, when someone does something and Ohio has anything to do with it you'll hear about:

Jakes Dad
Old 07-28-2008, 04:32 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jakes Dad
Gary is a West Coast Racer not Ohio. But John knows Gary can drive since he once drove for John Force. Oh lord I just opened myself up for comments from the "THATS NOT NEWS" birds

Jim Head FC and Larry Morgan also live in Ohio

Jakes Dad

Densham drove for Force in 2001, but don't forget they go back much further than that...

Originally Posted by John Force
Densham got me out of Australia 25 years ago; I'll never forget that. I don't forget a guy who tunes my car when it wouldn't start and I was humiliated.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As a native buckeye myself - thumbs up to Densham. Can't wait to see 'em in Concord this September.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Joey@TickPerf
As a native buckeye myself - thumbs up to Densham. Can't wait to see 'em in Concord this September.
Yes, wouldn't it be nice to live in Concord and have the last name of SMITH?

All that nice weather, all the race shops any human would ever want to go through. All you need is a little more water in the lake.

Enjoy - Jakes Dad

Quick Reply: Damn Gary