Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Madman SYA bars saved MY ass today!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008 | 11:41 AM
9 Second Club

it amazes me almost every time I see one of these cars get the front end that high in the air. that was some nice drivin in the first video, OutlawZ. if there's anything else you might need, give us a call.
Thanks Steve.... My needs in order...

1. Sponsors
2. Wheelie bars
3. Sponsors...

These cars love to go on the bumper, some travel limiters can do wonders too
Funny thing is in the 2nd video I have limiters on the car.... if your car puts it on the bumper with limiters it makes the aftermath worse since your tires were tucked up in the wells higher since you limited their downward travel.... makes the amount of wheelstand they can absorb less hence more shiet hits the ground harder.... double edged sword...
Old 11-19-2008 | 12:09 PM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
Thanks Steve.... My needs in order...

1. Sponsors
2. Wheelie bars
3. Sponsors...

Funny thing is in the 2nd video I have limiters on the car.... if your car puts it on the bumper with limiters it makes the aftermath worse since your tires were tucked up in the wells higher since you limited their downward travel.... makes the amount of wheelstand they can absorb less hence more shiet hits the ground harder.... double edged sword...

Oh, For sure, if your over powering limiters, then thats a whole different beast.
Old 11-19-2008 | 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Oh, For sure, if your over powering limiters, then thats a whole different beast.
That's just plain scary
Old 11-19-2008 | 06:56 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

We didn't utilize our suspension tools when we stood ours up. I had the Madman limiters almost full loose and the front Afco DA shocks full loose on extension and full tight on the compression. The DA compression adjustments, SYA bars and ***** enough to lift and hit it hard before it started coming down is what saved us from serious damage.

It could have been so ugly, it's not even funny.

Last edited by TXCAMSS; 11-20-2008 at 02:00 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-19-2008 | 09:38 PM
9 Second Club

Yeah I have my limiters now set as tight as I can get em... basically the front tires can't move from ride height position..... we're going to act as if that is the only way they can be set and we'll start working on the rear suspension to get the car to hook that way....

I think it'll hook regardless..... the car hooks so hard it doesn't depend much on front end travel to bite..... so hopefully that's all i need to do to keep the front end down...

if not i can make some other adjustments...

Quick Reply: Madman SYA bars saved MY ass today!