Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Madman's Suspension Pictures!!!!!!! Not dial up friendly.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Madman's Suspension Pictures!!!!!!! Not dial up friendly.

KEEP ON SQUATIN MADAMME!!
Old 09-24-2003, 05:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Madman also has aftermarket brake lines... I'm pretty sure those tires aren't stock either.

Definitely not a stock suspension. Plus, I can see some totally aftermarket addition in one of the pics (almost looks like a jackstand ), that really makes things unfair. I just haven't figured out what it does yet.
Old 09-24-2003, 05:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Old 09-24-2003, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya you better watch out for that BaddMood
Old 09-24-2003, 05:55 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

George that alleged illegal 4-link part looks to rachet.....I wonder if it ratchets with weight transfer. You are on to something George!!!!!
Old 09-24-2003, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

That part is a pneumatic racheting 4-link sort of like what the imports use to transfer weight during the run. That is for sure not stock.

A few people are upset over Madman's rules because their car is not in with the rules. Thats the way racing is. Just go race a different series or class. I cant race top fuel with my Firebird just like fuel funny cars can't race with the pro mods.

Get over it.
Old 09-24-2003, 06:08 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I wonder how Madman attached those jackstands to the axle without welds. Appears they are just stuck on there! JB Weld perhaps? Super-epoxy?

They aren't really jackstands, I'll bet they are just adjustable LCA relocation brakets made out of an old pair of jackstands. THAT isn't stock! lol

Tony
Old 09-24-2003, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

Baddmood,why would ANYone try to plant 1k+hp with a stock torque arm,noone is that stupid....well maybe someone is.
what does a block have to do with stock suspension?
why must you ask idiotic questions? i mean you have claimed to be a "racer" but you havent said anything to argue a valid point (edited for content,even though i have been quoted)
Old 09-24-2003, 08:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Madman's Suspension Pictures!!!!!!! Not dial up friendly. *DELETED*

Post deleted by vette
Old 09-24-2003, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

The thats the way your gonna look when you have 5 cars at every shootout
Old 09-24-2003, 08:53 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Baddmood,why would ANYone try to plant 1k+hp with a stock torque arm,noone is that stupid....well maybe someone is.
why must you ask idiotic questions? i mean you have claimed to be a "racer" but you are acting like another ARE drone
Just a touch bit uncalled for. If you can't play above their level, stoop down to it? Is that how you want to play the game? He's purely pissed about something. I've still yet to figure that out like many of you. Maybe he's always cranky or needs to take a nap.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:25 PM
Teching In

my only problem is how are nascar jacking bolts consider stock location, stock style
madmens cars springs work like a coil over so how is that stock.
his car he can crank the bolt and adjust corner weights but the average car they can not
my opoinion is you should adress that next year for races
Old 09-24-2003, 10:00 PM
Staging Lane

I want to see pictures of BaddMood's suspension
Old 09-24-2003, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

Exactly zootycoon everybody has their tricks.. one guy has shocks another guy has springs another guy has a torque arm. if the cars have one torque arm and two lower control arms let them run, it is all in the same bag. hell one guy runs 414 one guy runs 422 and maybe another guy runs a 422 but one has 2.08/ 1.60 valves and the other guy has 2.10/ 1.57 valves, same tricks different angles of execution. let them all run when you have 30cars then get picky
Old 09-24-2003, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

my only problem is how are nascar jacking bolts consider stock location, stock style
his car he can crank the bolt and adjust corner weights but the average car they can not

please explain to me how having smaller diameter springs (2.5" versus stock 5") makes the rearend work like a coilover? if ANYONE has anything remotely close to a coil over its ARE. Their shocks are on the BACKSIDE of the rearend at an ANGLE. You cant tell me that in that position it doesn't act like coil overs
Old 09-25-2003, 01:51 AM
8 Second Club

When you adjust that all it does is raise and lower the car. It does not change the actual spring rate like a coilover would. Has no effect what so ever but to adjust ride height, not spring rates. Besides all you have to do anyways is get a different spring if you wanted a different pressure.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:55 AM
12 Second Club

It seems odd that everybody is getting their panties all in a bunch over this. Basically it sounds like a sponsor of the event helped make sure the rules insure his car will be competitive in the class he will run in. He's forking over money for the event and they aren't using set NHRA/IHRA guidlines so he has every right to try and influence the rules to best suit him. If the ARE car doesn't meet the rules, why bother bringing it down there and why bother arguing about it? Or maybe they should just for some better time slips at a below sea level track. Either way, I'm pretty sure everybody knows how quick/fast BOTH cars are, or will after the event. I guess I just don't get it.
Old 09-25-2003, 03:11 AM
On The Tree

why must you ask idiotic questions? i mean you have claimed to be a "racer" but you are acting like another ARE drone
RacingLT1,

How does ARE drone act?

Also maybe I missed the answere to this question but if the F-body event rules(if applicable)state in order to run you must use stock suspension setup in stock location then why is this rule not enforced when a torq arm is not mount to the tail shaft of the transmission? Why then shouldn't a car with anything but the stock location points used for the torq arm be allowed to race? Why is it OK to deviate from the rules when it comes to the torq arm?

I see good points from different people about the setups both pro's and con's but lets say Wade switches down to a tire that would be the max allowed size under the race rules for this event and even though his suspension may not all be in stock location but then again neither is the other car's torq arm attachment points. Both cars have the same working suspension and use upgraded OEM parts why not allow the ARE car to run? There is no proof that shows a advantage by moving lower control arms in or rear shocks mounted on the backside of the axle tube vs over the axle tube. Tire size being a factor and everyone plays the same then to me the race just became even.

I see both car's have trade off's for each other to over look and if the ARE car was willing to switch to smaller tire that everyone else is running plus the fact they are running against a car that has a motor non production block and heads more so race application and granted there motor is in that same ball park **** why not be OK with that. What a good race that would be!

I guess I look at the fact what fun is it to race against car's that are all at least a full second to half second off your ET or slower if other then the pure fact of just racing to collect on the winnings. If that was the case the people entering obviously must be big spenders to throw money away like that. It would be a race matched like lets say ProMod vs JR dragster.

Old 09-25-2003, 04:39 AM
On The Tree

most rules also say stock style suspension,and aftermarket torque arms are a legal replacement.
i mean sure they could all swap back to a trans mounted torque arm,then we could all sit and wait for track cleanup due to the massive amount of breakage.
i guess i dont see why some even bring that topic up,but then again im a "slow guy" compared to some people.
Old 09-25-2003, 07:13 AM
FormerVendor

RacinLT1, I have stock length torque arm mounted to my tranny and went 9.1's and 9.2's 15- 20 times and NEVER broke a part. Alll the madman guys just keep making bullshit excuses. and I love when MADMAN won't answer those other questions. We've all just faced it, some don't have enough

Quick Reply: Madman's Suspension Pictures!!!!!!! Not dial up friendly.