Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a noobie faq on A4 1st time drag racing or tips?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 05:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a noobie faq on A4 1st time drag racing or tips?

Got any tips for me (not taking car apart).

00 z28
!cutout airbox
holley filtercharger
tsp lid
hooker catback
nitto 555R drag radials (brand new , love em)
2.73's (!@#)

thats it.

Whats the best way to launch, the nitto's wont burnout so im gonna skip the burnout part. I guess i need more power or something. Figure 28psi of air on the rears. ditch spare/jack, 1/4 tank of gas.

Any tips on what to do (be explicit). I don't want to boil my tranny doing something stupid like brake standing too high on launch, and don't want to wheel hop the tranny to death.

Any ideas on realistic 1/4s? 13.5 possible?

the launch part is what im most curious about, i know someone has been in my shoes b4 can throw a couple of tips down.

I love the nittos, the old yokohama a-509's would leave 40 feet of black skid marks (lame), these don't even light the ASR light (if on) or don't light up with it off. I'm assuming ASR off on drag, and should i be in AOD or D for the fastest times?

Thanks, bear with me.

sam
Old 09-25-2003, 12:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Is there a noobie faq on A4 1st time drag racing or tips?

You will need to do a very good burnout w/nittos, get them good and hot. I ran my nittos at about 19psi, your car should have plenty of power to turn those tires. I had the best luck launching with my stock converter by footbraking it till it started to pull a little and hold there for launch. But everyone has a different style the best thing to do is just play around till you find what works for you. Hope this helps some.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:12 PM
Staging Lane

Default Re: Is there a noobie faq on A4 1st time drag racing or tips?

I power break and stand in it to heat up my nitto's and i launch at about 1000rpm cut with 2.73s 1.80s the norm and run in the heat of florida about 12.80s