Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back Seat

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 07:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back Seat

How do you take out the back seat and how much weight would that take off? Peace.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:24 PM
Staging Lane

Default Re: Back Seat

the seat bottoms have a single bolt under the front. if i remember correctly you need a torx driver to take off the seat belt guides unless you want to cut the guide and slip the belt out. the seat back is connect at the bottom, i can't remember what exactly is required to take it off, pretty self explanatory though.

there's a list in this forum of part weights. i think it said 19 pounds for the back seat.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I took the back rest out, not the seat belt mechanism. But make sure you use torx drivers. Some guy made the same post two months ago, and I told him the same thing but he went ahead and just used allen wrenches and striped the **** out of it. The other thing is that the screws are rather long and have "blue" thread lock so it is a little bit of a PITA. 20 lbs at the most.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:34 PM
TECH Resident

I took the back rest out, not the seat belt mechanism. But make sure you use torx drivers. Some guy made the same post two months ago, and I told him the same thing but he went ahead and just used allen wrenches and striped the **** out of it. The other thing is that the screws are rather long and have "blue" thread lock so it is a little bit of a PITA. 20 lbs at the most.
haha. that guy must have been dumb. i wonder if he ever got the seats out tho?