Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ORSCA Hot Street Registration

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 05:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ORSCA Hot Street Registration

Just a reminder that ORSCA Hot Street registration is open. Who all is planning on running in this class?
Old 01-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Coal Mining Director

The rules are going to keep the participation very low.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whats wrong with the rules in your opinion?
Old 01-27-2009, 07:02 PM
10 Second Club

I think if the rules are enforced correctly, then the cruise isn't needed. I have no problems making the cruise, but leaving the hood down prior to the first pass kind of sucks.

That being said, I'm going to try my hardest to make it to the November Race.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:09 PM
FormerVendor

Same requirements as True Street in NMCA we were subjected to at the LSX Shootout...
Old 01-27-2009, 07:13 PM
10 Second Club

This is ORSCA not NMCA. I know you just doctored up the NMCA rule set a little for your class, but how about a little originality? I am fully aware that this is your game, but I was just expressing a couple things that might keep people away.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Coal Mining Director

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
Whats wrong with the rules in your opinion?
Turbo cars are pretty much eliminated as I stated in the original thread. The rules heavily favor a properly set-up footbraked SC car. kp's old car plus his new car that he's building could dominate this series....proper N20 cars would be a close second.

Turbo cars....forget about it. Turbo car without a TB is like an 80 year old man without the blue pill.

There's nothing "wrong" with the rules at all. Rules are meant to eliminate something to level a playing field....rules are rules....

Trending Topics

Old 01-27-2009, 07:34 PM
FormerVendor

Lol... ALOT of the rules came directly from me. I did pull some of the format from NMCA as their class has proven to be successful...I am well aware this is ORSCA too
The street cruise is simply to keep RACE cars OUT of the class. Our goal is to keep this class within a reasonable ET. We will see how 09 plays out. Looking forward to seeing you in November.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

forget the rules, just change the name to anything other than "Hot Street". You might get more attention.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:42 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by tee-boy
forget the rules, just change the name to anything other than "Hot Street". You might get more attention.
Thanx for your constructive feedback
Old 01-27-2009, 08:08 PM
TECH Addict

Why no Trans Brake when there are plenty of street cars cruising around with them?

The cruise will keep the race cars out.

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 01-27-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:21 PM
10 Second Club

You fail to see the similarities in these? There are ALOT of parts that are straight cut and paste

http://www.nmcadigital.com/rules/doc...al/2009_sr.pdf

http://www.outlawracing.com/THERULEB...9/Default.aspx
Old 01-27-2009, 08:41 PM
TECH Addict

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· Interior of vehicle must maintain “stock appearance”<!--[endif]-->

Tons of street cars with aftermarket race seats, its also safer.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· Turbocharger is limited to a maximum size of 76mm/2.755 Inducer wheel diameter at the point where leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the inlet housing. <!--[endif]-->

At least around here there are quite a few street cars with larger then 76mm's

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· ProCharger D1SC<!--[endif]-->

Again, plenty of people on the street with F1's and larger, I rode in one that you could drive cross country if you wanted to. D1SC's are weak but thats just my opinion

So you can run a single big shot with a progressive but can't run a two stage with no progressive? Id rather run the two stage, IMHO you are not gaining anything with a two stage, you are bringing in the juice with a small shot first, with a progressive, you are bringing in the entire hit slowly.

Plenty of street cars with either and plenty of street cars with Nano's.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· No “racing fuel” permitted<!--[endif]-->

I run on the street with race gas, my wifes will, every serious street car around here does. With that you are limititing boost A LOT (not to mention with the no meth and a ton of cars on the street with that) and not to mention N20, yeah a good tuner might be able to make a 200 shot safe on pump gas but come on. It says you can use the Street Blaze 100 but I think pretty much everyone will agree that thats just an unleaded street legal race gas. No to mention the closest place I can get that stuff at the pump (street ca remember) is in IL.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· Commercially available, mass produced automotive air cleaner required<!--[endif]-->

Why?

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· “Cross Breeding” of engines/drivetrains between different manufacturers prohibited (IE No LSX powered Fox Body Mustangs etc etc)<!--[endif]-->

Again, Why?

NOT a flame thread. I know I am not the only one that has pointed this stuff out.

I do agree that some rules need to be made to keep the $$$ down ro racers but I think over the years the rules have become well a little much. Racing is not cheap, I say allow any gas other then alky, no thumpers, no F3's, car must have full interior and carpet, race seats ok, stock mounting suspension on a 275, 25 mile cruise. Keep the other exhaust and exotic metal rules, no sheet metal intake and what not and allow brakes and you will have a ton of people sign up.

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 01-27-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Coal Mining Director

It's pretty much impossible to define a true street car....

My car weighs 3975lbs with me in it...all factory options still work...including AC.....full interior....driven whenever and wherever I want...radials front and back....and won't come close to meeting those rules.....

Good luck on the attendance.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

usually turbo cars dominate everything so maybe not running a tb wont be a bad thing.....you can do just as well with a big shot on a progressive as you can 2 stages a lot of times
Old 01-27-2009, 09:23 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by onfire
It's pretty much impossible to define a true street car....

My car weighs 3975lbs with me in it...all factory options still work...including AC.....full interior....driven whenever and wherever I want...radials front and back....and won't come close to meeting those rules.....

Good luck on the attendance.
Thats true my old car would not pass and I did the 05 power tour the whole thing . and drove home . I guess it was not a street car.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:31 PM
FormerVendor

The rules have nothing to do with deciding if your car is a street car or not... The rules were setup to keep the class at a target ET... If you are running mid 5s you can race in EZ Street....Theres no point in having two classes in ORSCA running the same ETs.

A good friend of mine has a single 76mm on his 4000lb VERT and its 100% street car. He runs 9s and drive to/from the track. The problem is, if I allowed 76mm turbos there would be a gutted F Body show up with one at minimum weight and run 5.50s..... Am I making any sense here??

Rules are set guys.. Purse isnt huge (Again, to not attract race teams etc etc).... Come out, have some fun and be a part of Outlaw Racing!!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:57 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Just curious what the target ET is?
Old 01-27-2009, 11:05 PM
10 Second Club

You don't really clarify about the time between the cruise and making runs. Is the cruise before qualifications or Eliminations? How many rounds of qualifying will there be?
Old 01-28-2009, 04:57 AM
10 Second Club

So to get back to my original question......Is anybody on here racing in this class?