Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ORSCA Hot Street Registration

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 08:39 AM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
Whats wrong with the rules in your opinion?
I wouldnt mind running this class except none of my cars or even friends cars fit into this class and they are all street cars. We all have nitrous cars, but have we run 325/50/15's and 2 stages vs a progresive. We even have a daily driven camaro with a glide, it gets drove everywhere including to and from the track.

I think the tire size and single stage is going to elimate alot of cars.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Coal Mining Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The rules have nothing to do with deciding if your car is a street car or not... The rules were setup to keep the class at a target ET... If you are running mid 5s you can race in EZ Street....Theres no point in having two classes in ORSCA running the same ETs.

A good friend of mine has a single 76mm on his 4000lb VERT and its 100% street car. He runs 9s and drive to/from the track. The problem is, if I allowed 76mm turbos there would be a gutted F Body show up with one at minimum weight and run 5.50s..... Am I making any sense here??

Rules are set guys.. Purse isnt huge (Again, to not attract race teams etc etc).... Come out, have some fun and be a part of Outlaw Racing!!

No problem at all with your rules. He who has the gold makes the rules.

Just giving you some feedback before you have 7 cars show up and are dissappointed. kp takes the win! We tried the same thing for a race I helped sponsor at a local track....long list of rules....was a mistake...too many different types of cars are built to different types of configurations....it just limits the car count....

Next year if you try it again....think about using weight as an equalizer...set a 3900lb weight for the turbo cars and let them run what they have...that keeps the gutted "race cars" away and you just added one car to the count...4000lb vert with a single 76. At 3900-4000lbs let them run twin 106's if they can build it......and hook it....
Old 01-28-2009, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

well, rules are rules. not that I'm an expert (I don't know many people who are), the nice thing about the class is it can be done without as much money as the other classes.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:28 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onfire
No problem at all with your rules. He who has the gold makes the rules.

Just giving you some feedback before you have 7 cars show up and are dissappointed. kp takes the win! We tried the same thing for a race I helped sponsor at a local track....long list of rules....was a mistake...too many different types of cars are built to different types of configurations....it just limits the car count....

Next year if you try it again....think about using weight as an equalizer...set a 3900lb weight for the turbo cars and let them run what they have...that keeps the gutted "race cars" away and you just added one car to the count...4000lb vert with a single 76. At 3900-4000lbs let them run twin 106's if they can build it......and hook it....
That heavy weight is fine for an f-body only race but I'm sure it will be a mustang dominated class most likely and there arent many 3900lb fox bodies around.

It will be a 5.60-5.80 class in no time with those rules IMO. I ran 5.80s with ease off the footbrake on 275/60 M/T radials and my old car was well within the rules, NHRA legal and could be driven to California if I wanted to.

I have no interest in this class really so dont worry about me. I hope it does well, ORSCA has a lot of good racers and they run a good event.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Addict

It's pretty much impossible to define a true street car....

My car weighs 3975lbs with me in it...all factory options still work...including AC.....full interior....driven whenever and wherever I want...radials front and back....and won't come close to meeting those rules.....

Good luck on the attendance.
So then do you view a 1LE car as not a street car?????

There are Viper ACR's that are driven many many states....

I define a street car as a car that can be driven 20 miles on a tank of gas and stay cool in traffic, thats it.

Ron, my only point (has also been expressed by many other people not just on this site) is that there are to many classes that are way to strict on what they call street cars. If you want a target ET then ok but a lot of the rules don't need to be there for a target ET.

Its your gig and if it works and you get a huge turn out then great.

Could you explain how a single stage with a progressive is different then a 2 stage car with no progressive when it comes to ET's

I would rather no thave my noids pulsed to death by a progressive so I like a 150 or so out of the hole and the big it come in in second or past the 60 or something. Most pregressives build up to 100% about the same time or the same time the second stage guys are getting into the second.

Nothing against you or anything... just cuirous .
Old 01-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Coal Mining Director

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
So then do you view a 1LE car as not a street car?????

There are Viper ACR's that are driven many many states....

I define a street car as a car that can be driven 20 miles on a tank of gas and stay cool in traffic, thats it.

Ron, my only point (has also been expressed by many other people not just on this site) is that there are to many classes that are way to strict on what they call street cars. If you want a target ET then ok but a lot of the rules don't need to be there for a target ET.

Its your gig and if it works and you get a huge turn out then great.

Could you explain how a single stage with a progressive is different then a 2 stage car with no progressive when it comes to ET's

I would rather no thave my noids pulsed to death by a progressive so I like a 150 or so out of the hole and the big it come in in second or past the 60 or something. Most pregressives build up to 100% about the same time or the same time the second stage guys are getting into the second.

Nothing against you or anything... just cuirous .
I didn't post anything about what is or is not a street car. Just used my car as an example that's pig heavy...but still doesn't fit the rules....

I think a tube chassis 2100 lb car can easily be a street car....
Old 01-28-2009, 03:41 PM
kp
8 Second Club

I didn't post anything about what is or is not a street car. Just used my car as an example that's pig heavy...but still doesn't fit the rules....

A street car is a car that is driven on the street, nothing more and nothing less. Driving 25 miles doesnt prove its a street car. That just proves that some can drive their race car 25 miles on the street
Old 01-28-2009, 04:31 PM
8 Second Club

The rules have nothing to do with deciding if your car is a street car or not... The rules were setup to keep the class at a target ET... If you are running mid 5s you can race in EZ Street....Theres no point in having two classes in ORSCA running the same ETs.

A good friend of mine has a single 76mm on his 4000lb VERT and its 100% street car. He runs 9s and drive to/from the track. The problem is, if I allowed 76mm turbos there would be a gutted F Body show up with one at minimum weight and run 5.50s..... Am I making any sense here??

Rules are set guys.. Purse isnt huge (Again, to not attract race teams etc etc).... Come out, have some fun and be a part of Outlaw Racing!!
The cruise is what makes the street car. How many EZ cars could do a cruise or run on pump gas. Thats where my car falls i used to run EZ . And all the fast EZ cars are low 5s and high 4s
Old 01-28-2009, 04:40 PM
TECH Addict

I know I was just saying that power options really has nothing to do with what it or is not a street car.

There is a street car tube chassis 55 chevy here that has a injected blown BBC and he runs on on the street from time to time.... would not mae the cruise though.....

It runs 6's.....
Old 02-02-2009, 07:15 PM
10 Second Club

Lol... ALOT of the rules came directly from me. I did pull some of the format from NMCA as their class has proven to be successful...I am well aware this is ORSCA too
The street cruise is simply to keep RACE cars OUT of the class. Our goal is to keep this class within a reasonable ET. We will see how 09 plays out. Looking forward to seeing you in November.
Want to retract any of this after your thread about Mr. Berry's car in the sponsor car section?
Old 02-11-2009, 09:02 AM
FormerVendor

No.... Keiths car will be a pump gas 427 with a SINGLE stage for Hot Street... He has built his car to fit the rules.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:49 AM
10 Second Club

No.... Keiths car will be a pump gas 427 with a SINGLE stage for Hot Street... He has built his car to fit the rules.
LOL....OK....This is going to be some funny ****. I guess my hopes were that this class would stay true to it's intentions at least for a couple years as an entry level heads up class. Now you are building a 100K car for your class before the first event even kicks off. LOL
Old 02-11-2009, 12:09 PM
FormerVendor

Lets clarify something...Keith is building his car. WE do not have a car in the class. Keith has a lot on his schedule for 2009. As far as ORSCA Hot Street goes he fits the rules and wants to race this class as well as alot of other events he has already scheduled in.

Fact of the matter is he will have a 10.1:1 pump gas 427 with a TH400 and factory style suspension. The car will be 100% streetable. There are others building cars for the class as well. You cant stop people from doing what they want to do.

As far as Entry level heads up goes.. I think this is entry level.. Atleast for ORSCA... We have the slowest projected ET of all of the heads up classes ORSCA offers..
Old 02-11-2009, 03:25 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by kp
A street car is a car that is driven on the street, nothing more and nothing less. Driving 25 miles doesnt prove its a street car. That just proves that some can drive their race car 25 miles on the street

You got that right. Anybody checked out the Pump Gas Drags or Drag Week? Nuff said
Old 02-11-2009, 08:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lets clarify something...Keith is building his car. WE do not have a car in the class. Keith has a lot on his schedule for 2009. As far as ORSCA Hot Street goes he fits the rules and wants to race this class as well as alot of other events he has already scheduled in.

Fact of the matter is he will have a 10.1:1 pump gas 427 with a TH400 and factory style suspension. The car will be 100% streetable. There are others building cars for the class as well. You cant stop people from doing what they want to do.

As far as Entry level heads up goes.. I think this is entry level.. Atleast for ORSCA... We have the slowest projected ET of all of the heads up classes ORSCA offers..
i think orsca has a 6.00 and a 7.00 heads up class also. the true street class you want to call it will be in the 5.70 to 6.00 range.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:02 AM
9 Second Club

sounds like a great class! wish some races were coming to NC though...