Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing tire size ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 12:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing tire size ?

Currently I am running a 15x8(5.5 BS) Weld Draglight with at 26X10/15 Mt ET Drag on it.. With this combo I managed at 1.52 60' in my 04 M6 GTO.. I am happy with the 60' but have found that as I try to leave harder I become very inconsitant.. And the tires also stick out of the fender causing me to run over 20psi in my drag bags, witch I'm thinking is counter productive to the 90/10 front struts and weight transfer.. I have also taken a look at the tires now that there off the car and they are really only worn down in the middle 8inch of the tread..

So I'm thinking of switching to a 27 inch tall Hoosier Quick Time Pro with a 9inch tread.. I'm thinking with the smaller section width the tires would fit the car better allowing lower drag bag pressure and more weight transfer.. With the longer roll out of the 27inch tire and the hopefully wider contact patch I feel the car will hook better..

Am I thinking backwards that a slightly narrower(mabe not in contact patch) but taller tire will hook better on a stick car leaving a 6K ?
MPH 123 in the 1/4 with 3.91 gears and about 6300 through the stripe

Ben

In the first pic you can see the line around the tire where tread starts to wear.. Past that to the outside, the tires are not worn down..