Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is a T hook the best way to tie down? location?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 07:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Is a T hook the best way to tie down? location?

So i did some searching and it seems like T hooks on a strap is the best way to tie a car(f Body) down to a trailer. So i picked up some 8 foot straps, and i also have RTJ(i think thats right) clusters for them.

I looked briefly and didn't see where the T hooks look they would go into the frame rail. I mean there are holes but nothing like i imagined. Anyone on here use T hooks? have a picture of where in the railes, front and back they go?

I would just use axles straps on the rear, and k, or around the tires, but most say to compress the suspension, so im looking for a way to do this.

thanks, Chris
Old 03-04-2009, 04:43 PM
9 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Man all these replies, I just dont know who to listen to.

Sean
Old 03-04-2009, 04:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There should be some small oval-shaped holes in the bottom of the frame rails near the front that t-hooks fit nicely into.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sideways240sx
So i did some searching and it seems like T hooks on a strap is the best way to tie a car(f Body) down to a trailer. So i picked up some 8 foot straps, and i also have RTJ(i think thats right) clusters for them.

I looked briefly and didn't see where the T hooks look they would go into the frame rail. I mean there are holes but nothing like i imagined. Anyone on here use T hooks? have a picture of where in the railes, front and back they go?

I would just use axles straps on the rear, and k, or around the tires, but most say to compress the suspension, so im looking for a way to do this.

thanks, Chris

There are several t slot holes under the car. Right by the headers there are two, that are sheetmetal extensions, then, in board on the front subrame where your Subframe connectors mount there are two more, maybe 4 I cant remember.

Then, back by your LCA's there are two more where the LCA's meet the chassis.

I also believe there are 2 t slots in the k member itself, but I cant remember since I have a tubular now.

IMO the t slots are the best way to haul them, its how the car was meant to be hauled, and is exactly how my towing manual says to do it ( I was bored on teh job one day, im a tow truck operator) I usually do overkill though and strap the f outta cars...

Quick Reply: Is a T hook the best way to tie down? location?