Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acknowledgement to Drag Racing Wives and Girlfriends!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 09:52 AM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would take her to an empty parking lot and explain the procedures of driving of the car and how to launch the car. Have her practice some in the parking lot.

Then I would take her to the track and watch the racing with her and explain what is going on. Talk to her about going through the lanes , the burn out and how to stage the car. Most important I think is to talk to her about what to do at the top end of the track. How to turn off the track (don't cut off the other driver), how to pick up her time slip and how to get back to your parking spot.

Next I would take her to the track on a TNT night and go up and tell the starter that you are teaching your wife how to drive and most of them will help you out.

Good luck and post up on how it goes.

Coach

Last edited by Coach 02 A3 Z/28; 10-24-2003 at 01:00 PM.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I suspect my wife tops all of you for endurance. The first time we went out together was in 1967. We went drag racing.
Old 10-24-2003, 02:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am Mrs Spanky and I just wanted to say to him you are awesome even though you can't take your exhaust off, love ya babe and thanks for the acknowledgement.
Old 10-24-2003, 03:44 PM
Launching!

My wife kicks a$$ when it comes to the racing support. She always offers her car up as the pit supply vehicle and even helps change the tires. This on top of the countless hours of listening to me rant on about stuff I want to buy or do.. LOL One of these days I will get her to make a pass in the car herself..
Old 10-25-2003, 07:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

My girlfriend is awesome as well. She let me use her truck to pull my car down to MD for the EFA shootout. she supports me racing and enjoys sitting at the track to watch me race. I could not ask for more from her and I am very lucky to have her
Old 10-25-2003, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

My wife is pretty great about it too. Takes some pictures and helps change tires. Goes to car shows, and listens to me ramble on and on.

I've taught her a lot about cars. Now she wants to get a 70 Chevelle SS (I can't complain about that). She's even has autocrossed with me, and we're planning to run next year regularly. She is to scared to drag race though. Oh well, I can't complain.
Old 10-25-2003, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good point coach. My wife doesn't come to the track much, but she doesn't restrict my spending much. Some people have to fight for any mod money. I'm giving the spending a break for now, my choice (well I had some help with the decision ).

Bruce
Old 10-27-2003, 07:36 AM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Talking

Yes, this post is a little a$$-kissing because I have been working so much on the Hot Rod trying to get ready for the Super 10's this weekend and the Shootout the weekend after.

The wife is feeling a little neglected over the past week.

Remember if mama isn't happy no one is happy!

Coach

Quick Reply: Acknowledgement to Drag Racing Wives and Girlfriends!