Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Champion Wheel Sale Billet Specialties too

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Intresting! They look taller then that. I'm planning on going to a 29x10.5S tire and was going to try to pull the tires in an inch from where my bogarts/factory width 12 bolt put them, so that I wouldn't have to do what you did with the 1/4. Looks like I might have to anyway.

Car's going to get a full 36 inch tub anyway so I guess it's a mute point. Gonna be a real pita for the body guy though

The problem is at the bottom of the quarters...we could get the top way in there but at the bottoms we'd have to move the tire way in to get it to clear...
Old 05-02-2009, 11:08 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish I had this kind of money to spend right now. Those 15x12 double beadlocks are exactly what I want for my 93.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:13 PM
FormerVendor

Intresting! They look taller then that. I'm planning on going to a 29x10.5S tire and was going to try to pull the tires in an inch from where my bogarts/factory width 12 bolt put them, so that I wouldn't have to do what you did with the 1/4. Looks like I might have to anyway.

Car's going to get a full 36 inch tub anyway so I guess it's a mute point. Gonna be a real pita for the body guy though
You won't have to cut the 1/4 panel on a trans am/firebird. I run 29.5x10.5S tires with only the bumper cover and lower metal behind the bumper cover trimmed. You will need to slide the rear back some though.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:14 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Not sure I want to slide the rear end back to be honest At this point I'm starting to think stretching the wheel well's about 2 inches is probably a better idea, I'm gonna have the entire back of the car cut up to get the full 36 inch tubs in anyway so at that point I'm going to have to repaint the 1/4's due to the paint getting burnt when we tack the tubs to the outer skin, plus they'll have to get smoothed over from the weld distortion I'm sure.

Maybe tryt o flare them a touch too while I'm at it. Ideallt I'd like to be able to fit a 31 inch slick on the car when it's all done, rear shocks and springs are getting relocated inside the frame rails (like a mustang) and I'm going to a wishbone, so the phb won't be in the way of the shocks. Plan was to put a big set of tubs in right from the frame rail to the outer 1/4. I know I'll be limited due to the control arm position with how far I can move the control arms in, but with the offset ones I have now that eastside built me I can still go in abotu a 1/2 inch more per side as it is, and the 28x10.5S tire I'm currently running is about an inch from them, so another 1/2 inch should be enough to let me pull the tires in an inch

If I have to move the lower control arms on the rear inward, and relocate the mounts to the inner 1/2 of the stock mount and build another inner mount I will.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:43 AM
FormerVendor

Not sure I want to slide the rear end back to be honest At this point I'm starting to think stretching the wheel well's about 2 inches is probably a better idea, I'm gonna have the entire back of the car cut up to get the full 36 inch tubs in anyway so at that point I'm going to have to repaint the 1/4's due to the paint getting burnt when we tack the tubs to the outer skin, plus they'll have to get smoothed over from the weld distortion I'm sure.

Maybe tryt o flare them a touch too while I'm at it. Ideallt I'd like to be able to fit a 31 inch slick on the car when it's all done, rear shocks and springs are getting relocated inside the frame rails (like a mustang) and I'm going to a wishbone, so the phb won't be in the way of the shocks. Plan was to put a big set of tubs in right from the frame rail to the outer 1/4. I know I'll be limited due to the control arm position with how far I can move the control arms in, but with the offset ones I have now that eastside built me I can still go in abotu a 1/2 inch more per side as it is, and the 28x10.5S tire I'm currently running is about an inch from them, so another 1/2 inch should be enough to let me pull the tires in an inch

If I have to move the lower control arms on the rear inward, and relocate the mounts to the inner 1/2 of the stock mount and build another inner mount I will.
FWIW you don't tack the tubs to the outer 1/4 panel skin of the body.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:03 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Quite a few people do including Madman.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yep that's a two inch stretch on mine as well...one inch forward one inch back
Old 05-03-2009, 07:50 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
^ Quite a few people do including Madman.
The majority of chassis builders do not weld full tubs to the 1/4. You leave a small gap and fill it with seam sealer or silicone. I can't comment on Brian's work since I have not seen the tubs on any of his cars that had full tubs and not just mini tubs.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:08 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

This is not limmited to a 7.5 bs on the rears.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm actually looking for a formula bumper cover which doesn't wrap around the tires so much and will give a little more room, that plus a 2 inch stretch will give me enough room to fit a 31 inch tire, at least it "should"

The tubs I have seen done are uaully tacked to the outer corner panels. I know some guys don't do it that way, if I were to do carbon fiber ones then they wouldn't be but I would ahve a lip tacked in to support them. which, is a thought.

With a 2900 lb weight goal, I may have to get a little creative.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:53 PM
TECH Resident

pm me a price on (2) mt drag radials shipped too 20762. i believe it's 17/45/275 or 26.50 tall or something like that. it's a 2000 ss w/ the 17" rims. btw how long will it take too get here if i order?

Quick Reply: Champion Wheel Sale Billet Specialties too