Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 Z06 Drag Car built by Vengeance Racing hitting the track.. Pics/Video inside!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 08:18 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
Had to make it to clear the intake/TB combo... So how is your car coming? You started yours before Keith didnt you?
True, but my Wife and I are having to PAY for everything out of pocket. My car is not SPONSORED like Keiths car is!

[QUOTE=Mike@Vengeance;11604088]There is always one in the crowd.
/QUOTE]

I am sorry, Mike. I have my opinion. Not everybody has to love your idea's! Like I said. I love the CAR and setup, just not diggin the hood!!
Old 05-15-2009, 08:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That thing is f*cking sick bro. LOVE the hood!
Old 05-15-2009, 08:38 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ATLSS
Proline sure can build some wicked motors.

When are the track times coming?

They sure can... Thats why we are the exclusive dealer for LSX shortblocks from ProLine... Together we produce some incredible combos!!!

Thanx guys!!! Keith is happy and thats all that matters.

JMill, ProLine was supposed to bring a decal with them to the track today. Im sure its been marked already. This car was built by VENGEANCE and the engine was a joint effort between both shops with Proline assembling it. Couldnt have made it happen without them!!!!

Mike is right... Hats off to Buddy... He makes the impossible... well possible!!!!!!!

Hunter, no offense taken on the hood..We had a nice 4" cowl, but it wouldnt clear the intake/TB combo so it had to be modified

... We all have opinions... Speaking of that I think your white TA looks like **** compared to your white SS

Keith is at the track about to make his first NA pass... Not expecting much on motor as the converter is only stalling to 3600 and power comes on HARD from 5000 to 8800.. She will shine on the jug

Last edited by Ron@Vengeance; 05-15-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mike@Vengeance
Thanks Man!!

William Danial aka Buddy my Lead Tech is the man behind the scene here who actually assmebled the car and wired it. He does not get the credit he should get on these big builds. He is the one who has been working on the car everyday all Day for 3 weeks now. I would love to have this build under my belt but he is the one who made this happen.

I am glad for Keith it has been a long road but a fast one for a build like this.
Lets hear it for Buddy!!!

Keith is a good guy and I know he is soooo excited. I would love to see his madien voyage Saturday. I am sure it will be a quick one!
Old 05-15-2009, 08:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

They sure can... So can GRIMES/Modular Power House and many others....

Nice stab though

JMill, ProLine was supposed to bring a decal with them to the track today. Im sure its been marked already. This car was built by VENGEANCE and the engine was a joint effort between both shops with Proline assembling it. Couldnt have made it happen without them!!!!

Mike is right... Hats off to Buddy... He makes the impossible... well possible!!!!!!!

Hunter, no offense on the hood..We had a nice 4" cowl, but it wouldnt clear the intake/TB combo... We all have opinions... Speaking of that I think your white TA looks like **** compared to your white SS

You guys need a serious group hug!
Old 05-15-2009, 08:54 PM
10 Second Club

Keith is at the track about to make his first NA pass... Not expecting much on motor as the converter is only stalling to 3600 and power comes on HARD from 5000 to 8800.. She will shine on the jug
You know they gotta mark that thing up LOL. That car is awesome. You guys really did an awesome job with it. I don't agree with it running in the class it was built for , but is still a badass car nonetheless. Keith better start wearing an anti-g suit.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice edit Ron. Maybe you should count to 10 before you hit the submit reply button next time.

I was simply stating the obvious, so there is no reason you should take offense to it...

You guys did a great job bolting on parts.

But I can pick up the phone and buy directly from Proline. So you may want to redefine your marketing slogan "exclusive."

I'm anxious to see track times to see how well you guys can build a track car in lieu of a dyno queen or roll racer...
Old 05-15-2009, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Keith is at the track about to make his first NA pass...
I thought this may have been the same car that was drug down the track by Texas Speed's heads/cam Camaro....

I guess if I had that much money in a 6 speed car and couldn't drive it, I'd put an auto in it too... but I think the Proline motor was a little premature... maybe just swap trannies and have fun with that for a while??

But, there is the old adage of more money than sense.... I guess he doesn't have to worry about little heads/cam cars anymore at least...
Old 05-16-2009, 05:30 AM
FormerVendor

Your are a funny man ATLSS... funny funny funny... No need to reply to your garbage above.

Headin to the TRACK. Cya there internet warrior
Old 05-16-2009, 05:32 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
You know they gotta mark that thing up LOL. That car is awesome. You guys really did an awesome job with it. I don't agree with it running in the class it was built for , but is still a badass car nonetheless. Keith better start wearing an anti-g suit.

Keith is racing Hot Street this weekend more for just seat time.. He has every intention of competing in EZ Street once he gets afew passes under his belt. The car definately got way out of hand and Im not going to ruin this class for one car... Rest assured we all agree with you on that one
Old 05-16-2009, 06:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How did the car run last night?

Were you guys at Silver Dollar or Commerce?
Old 05-16-2009, 07:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

I thought this may have been the same car that was drug down the track by Texas Speed's heads/cam Camaro....

I guess if I had that much money in a 6 speed car and couldn't drive it, I'd put an auto in it too... but I think the Proline motor was a little premature... maybe just swap trannies and have fun with that for a while??

But, there is the old adage of more money than sense.... I guess he doesn't have to worry about little heads/cam cars anymore at least...

Boy....didn't your momma ever tell you...."If you can't say something nice....then shut the **** up"!
Old 05-16-2009, 08:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr.427
Boy....didn't your momma ever tell you...."If you can't say something nice....then shut the **** up"!
I'm just calling how I see it.

You need to give the say something nice statement a rest... because we all know you hide behind your keyboard speaking profanity with the best of 'em.

Let's stop pissing in Ron's thread shall we...
Old 05-16-2009, 09:39 AM
9 Second Club

They sure can... Thats why we are the exclusive dealer for LSX shortblocks from ProLine... Together we produce some incredible combos!!!

Hunter, no offense taken on the hood..We had a nice 4" cowl, but it wouldnt clear the intake/TB combo so it had to be modified

... We all have opinions... Speaking of that I think your white TA looks like **** compared to your white SS

LMAO!! Your funny. I have a opinion about a hood, and you get all bent out of shape! LOL!
Old 05-16-2009, 09:48 AM
9 Second Club

Nice edit Ron. Maybe you should count to 10 before you hit the submit reply button next time.

I was simply stating the obvious, so there is no reason you should take offense to it...

You guys did a great job bolting on parts.

But I can pick up the phone and buy directly from Proline. So you may want to redefine your marketing slogan "exclusive."

I'm anxious to see track times to see how well you guys can build a track car in lieu of a dyno queen or roll racer...

LMAO!! Jason. This is how they do it to a "T". Proline built the motor, Steve Petty tuned the motor, RPM Tranny Bell Chasis Roll Cage, ETC, ETC. I guess since you can pick up the phone, order parts and read directions on how to bolt together something, makes you R&D Performance shop??LMAO!! BTW,
Good luck Keith, I do love your car, and the setup.Like I said, the hood is not of MY choice! Have fun and be safe.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm just calling how I see it.

You need to give the say something nice statement a rest... because we all know you hide behind your keyboard speaking profanity with the best of 'em.

Let's stop pissing in Ron's thread shall we...
Grow some hair and move on keyboard warrior!
Old 05-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Launching!

baddest zo6 i ever saw
Old 05-16-2009, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dam that thing looks sick.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Launching!

Well, I see at least 3 of your own rules the car violates. It will be interesting to see if it gets protested the first time out, and what you do to satisfy that protest.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:33 PM
9 Second Club

Received 239 Likes on 178 Posts

who deleted all the posts about this car?

Quick Reply: C5 Z06 Drag Car built by Vengeance Racing hitting the track.. Pics/Video inside!!!