Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proper way to scale a car???

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 02:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At least on a race car you would start out even then if you went to the track and it pulled to one side or the other off the line, then you could adjust the anti roll bar for that.

Doubt you are having the problem with it pulling the wheels off the line and not going straight.

I don't know much about what the ride height will do for your traction, but most cars I see will either be level or have a little rake to them.

The biggest thing I can see is to get the weight off of the nose of the car and get your ratio as close to 50/50 as you can..................that's gonna be hard to do, but I think you could do a lot better that 44% rear with out a lot of expense.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks again. Those % were with the street wheels and tires and less than 1/4 tank of gas. With the drag wheels I usually borrow should help some as well as adding more to the fuel tank. I sure hope to get the wheels up once I get this thing dialed in. Not worried about being on the bumper but hope to get some air even with the 6 sp.

Quick Reply: Proper way to scale a car???