Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New best with TEA heads and TR224 cam

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike thanks for the advice.

I am running MAC header and Y-pipe through the stock muffler. I open the cutout at the track. I have a lightweight muffler I can run to save 10lbs.

The MAC Y-pipe from what I have seen on this board can be a bottleneck so maybe I could pickup some there. What needs to be done to the Y-pipe to improve it?

My TB is a Jantzer ported TB that seems good to me.

I am running the totally stock screened MAF would descreening it help?

I have the FTRA ram air setup but I am not running the lower section on it because of the summer time heat. I guess it is time to put it back on.

What else do you suggest?

Thanks

John
Old 11-19-2003, 09:23 AM
9 Second Club

Get an underdrive pulley and a electric water pump. A Zo6 maf won't hurt either. Then look at taking out some more weight.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Jnorris,
I think you should descreen your stock MAF as well as polish it. Just get some fine grit sand paper and wetsand it to a mirror finish. This mod is in the spirit of 'every little bit helps!'

You might consider a flowmaster 2-1 Y for your y-pipe. This is the common mod done to the mac y-pipe to ditch the ugly merge at the rear of the y-pipe. Alot of places sell this item and it should be easy to find. I know MTI was doing this along time ago.

You can easily ditch alot of weight by losing the cat back system and running a bullet muffler. Granted your car will be loud as hell, but the loss of the weight as well as the restriction is well worth it. All of my best runs have been made with the borla off of the car and with only a bullet muffler attached to the y-pipe. I suggest this whole heartedly. But, because you have a lighter muffler you might just want to stick it on the car and keep the cutout open. It's up to you.

Yes you should put the whole FTRA setup back on the car! The heat is gone so you have nothing to worry about. Make sure everythign is sealed up good.

With 4.10's and 26X10 Et Drags I was going through the traps around 6600-6700 while running 121 mph. With 3.73's you should have no problems running out of revs with this tire. What tires are you running? StreetStalkerZ could probably add some insight to this area, as he has run alot of different tire and gear setups.

Your Jantzer throttle body is one of the best out there, so I agree with you that there is nothing left on the table on that end of your setup.

Good luck!
Old 11-19-2003, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh yeah, are you running a short belt?

Do you have an underdrive pulley?
Old 11-19-2003, 10:23 AM

Mike,

Thanks for the info.
I am running 26X10 Et Streets.
I have heard the flowmaster 2-1 Y is a good mod for the MAC Y pipe. I will have to give it a try.

I do have an underdrive pulley but I am not running a short belt.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

John