Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with 60'

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 10:55 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Need help with 60'

Went to the track again last night(1/8th mile), ran my best time ever of 8.557 at 85.1 but with a 2.122 60'. My best 60' previously was 2.049 but my best time was 8.653 at 83.13 after removing rear seat, spare and jack, and most interior panels. For last night I had taken out AC compressor condenser and lines, carpet, passenger seat, and center console. My car looks like a 4x4 now, and I think my lack of traction is from no more weight over the rear tires. I couldnt get a good launch at all, especially after I lowered my tire pressure from 32psi to 25psi. I am runnign Sumikomo 245/50/16 on salad shooters and the rears now have 17 passes on them and I do a short burnout to clean off the tires before each pass. Last night was a good 20 degrees cooler out than last week when I ran the 8.65.

Will non-adjustable LCAs drop my 60' down or will it be pointless without LCA relocation brackets? If I get the brackets, would I need adjustable LCAs? Im on a stock 10 bolt. Will a tunnel mount torque arm be a better investment? Or should I just get some MT drag radials? Im trying to do this slowly so 1 step at a time so I can still race every wednesday, just dont know what order I should be going in. Also for anyone using Sumikomos, what psi do you see best results with at the track? Lowering mine down seemed to do more harm than good.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Picked up some M/T ET streets and waiting on LCAs. Time to pray to the 10 bolt gods.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Problem #1: Sumikomo 245/50/16

Will non-adjustable LCAs drop my 60' down or will it be pointless without LCA relocation brackets? Pointless in my opinion

If I get the brackets, would I need adjustable LCAs? Im on a stock 10 bolt. Only reason you would want adjustable LCAs is if you plan to put a big tire on the car (e.g. 28x10.5 slick)

Will a tunnel mount torque arm be a better investment? Alot of folks have gone pretty fast on a stock torque arm, I wouldnt make this my first suspension investment. Relocation brackets would be a good investement.

Or should I just get some MT drag radials? Reflect back to problem #1, will help drastically.

Also for anyone using Sumikomos, what psi do you see best results with at the track? Lowering mine down seemed to do more harm than good. Take them off and throw them in the trash, no good for drag racing.