Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whose Lingenfleter launch controller actually works?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 03:46 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Whose Lingenfleter launch controller actually works?

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...gory_Code=C163

It seems like and awesome product that I am really interested in using. I will need both the 2 step and timing retard to work, but all I have been hearing is people complaining about all the problems they have had, and how the customer service hasnt helped them all that much.

So I want a clear answer from ACTUAL users, it seems like a great product, but have you actully been able to get it to work how it is suppossed to and do you like it?

Discuss

Thanks
Cameron
Old 09-25-2009, 07:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the LNC-003 and it works great. It's easy to install and very easy to use. I have it wired to my clutch switch and it takes all the guess work out of launching my car. I have not used the timing function of it yet but I plan to in the future.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mine works great right now, but I kinda went through hell to get it working right.

Bought it and used it 1 time, never worked after that. It would stay activated all the time. Checked, double checked, and triple checked everything, and couldn't find out. Contacted Lingenfelter and they told me that I probably burned it up because I didn't use the noise supression diode that ISN'T in their wiring diagrams.

So I sent it in under warranty. Long story short, after I got 3 different stories on what was wrong with it. And a month and a half later, they finally shipped me the wrong 2-step back.

After that, havn't had any problems. But I've only been using it for a couple of weeks. I think my situation doesn't or won't happen to most. I think they just somehow got my box mixed up with somebody else's.

But every time I called them, they weren't very helpfull. I even asked them serveral times, are you sure you have the right box? They were kinda an *** on the phone. Also their wiring diagrams included with the instructions are not right, if you have it hooked to a solenoid, ie transbrake, line lock etc, then you need to have their noise supression diode. Yes it is in their instructions, just in the fine print.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:01 PM
9 Second Club

my lnc-003 works well. 57 passes so far this year
Old 09-25-2009, 10:54 PM
TECH Junkie

lnc-001 just used it this week...a life saver!!
Old 09-25-2009, 11:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

LNC-003, no problems at all. Works great. Got it wired in to the clutch switch. Makes it so much easier to be consistent.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:31 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by built408
Mine works great right now, but I kinda went through hell to get it working right.

Bought it and used it 1 time, never worked after that. It would stay activated all the time. Checked, double checked, and triple checked everything, and couldn't find out. Contacted Lingenfelter and they told me that I probably burned it up because I didn't use the noise supression diode that ISN'T in their wiring diagrams.

So I sent it in under warranty. Long story short, after I got 3 different stories on what was wrong with it. And a month and a half later, they finally shipped me the wrong 2-step back.

After that, havn't had any problems. But I've only been using it for a couple of weeks. I think my situation doesn't or won't happen to most. I think they just somehow got my box mixed up with somebody else's.

But every time I called them, they weren't very helpfull. I even asked them serveral times, are you sure you have the right box? They were kinda an *** on the phone. Also their wiring diagrams included with the instructions are not right, if you have it hooked to a solenoid, ie transbrake, line lock etc, then you need to have their noise supression diode. Yes it is in their instructions, just in the fine print.
I dont know why they dont just put the protection diode IN the box itself or just include them if its a problem. All other air shifter controlls, MSD stuff, FAST/DFI/BS# doesnt have you put extra diodes on the trans brake line.

My 3 step from them worked just fine, hard to screw up plugging in four plugs and hooking up two wires
Old 09-26-2009, 01:41 PM
9 Second Club

thanks for the replys guys, keep them coming.

Looks like nobody has used the lnc-002 in here yet, hopefully someone will chime in. the timing retard is probably the most important part for me.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:43 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the unit with the timing retard and had nothing but trouble. I spent countless hours doing everything from shielding and grounding most of the wiring in my engine bay to running the two step, the trans brake and the car on three seperate batteries. I even put a suppresing diode in the brake. I REALLY wanted it to work, I NEEDED it to work.
I finaly gave up and bought the MSD. Never had another issue. In all fairness it seems to work for most of the people but if it doesnt youre fucked. And I was completely DISsatified with the customer service
Lingenfucker NO step FTMFL
Old 09-26-2009, 03:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by koolrayz
I had the unit with the timing retard and had nothing but trouble. I spent countless hours doing everything from shielding and grounding most of the wiring in my engine bay to running the two step, the trans brake and the car on three seperate batteries. I even put a suppresing diode in the brake. I REALLY wanted it to work, I NEEDED it to work.
I finaly gave up and bought the MSD. Never had another issue. In all fairness it seems to work for most of the people but if it doesnt youre fucked. And I was completely DISsatified with the customer service
Lingenfucker NO step FTMFL
What did you have issues with the 2-step or the timing retard?
Old 09-26-2009, 07:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I use the LPE 2step, off the clutch switch. Not to pull timming or anything, it works great.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

I helped a friend install his 002 ....launch control works great but when trying to use the timing retard with the nitrous activated the ignition would break up down the track.. lingenfelter had no suggestions...still not working.. trying to decide which setup to try next
Old 09-28-2009, 03:35 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by euroman
I helped a friend install his 002 ....launch control works great but when trying to use the timing retard with the nitrous activated the ignition would break up down the track.. lingenfelter had no suggestions...still not working.. trying to decide which setup to try next
interesting... that is not something I would want to deal with.

anybody else with expeirence with the 002?
Old 09-28-2009, 05:02 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ramairws6
What did you have issues with the 2-step or the timing retard?
I never tried the timing retard. It would break up around 2500 rpm, missfiring
etc on the two step.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm usig the lnc002 just for launching my m6 and it makes me as consistant as an auto.. But recenty developed a backfire in between shifts when I get on it...changed plugs problem went away for a few days and then came back after using the 2step a few times again? Dunno if it's the 2step but never had this problem till after I started using it...just ordered new msd plug wires (using an old set maybe they're bad).
Old 10-14-2009, 03:03 PM
8 Second Club

Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

It seems that the issues occur when using the timming retard when going down the track. Interesting.
I use it as a revlimiter and retard while on the t brake and don't have any issues.
But mine is completely inactive as I am going down the track. So as a launch controller, it seems to work.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine works perfect, easy install too, Have not taken it to the track yet, but have played on the rev limiter, works great, I have mine set up on a pushbutton switch. I know for sure the timing retard works, I had my car dynoed monday and we tested the nitrous system, I had the box set to pull 10 degrees of timing, We know it did because the car lost 23 HP, Did not get to make a pull on the spray though, because my window switch took a dump. But my lingenfelter box works perfect. I did put the suppression diodes they recommend in, on all my solenoids.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:26 PM
12 Second Club

mine works excellent. been racing on it for almost a year now
Old 10-14-2009, 06:50 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by camscam02
thanks for the replys guys, keep them coming.

Looks like nobody has used the lnc-002 in here yet, hopefully someone will chime in. the timing retard is probably the most important part for me.
I also use the lnc-002. I Have played with it a decent amount on my car while it was m6. I launched as a manual @ 4300 rpms, and the car would make about 1-2 psi. turbo is a pte gt4276 with 1.12 ar. I now pull 5 degrees of timing and the car will make 4-5 psi.

It is super easy to install, and i am very happy with it. I plan to use it on my car with the transbrake th400.

Chris