Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Pricing on AFCO Double Adjustable Shocks!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 07:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LSmonster
OK... I got my AFCO rear coil overs but they did not come with spring holders/spanners... Are those extra or did they just short me those part?... Please advise.

Thanks.
the AFCO rear shocks do not come as coil-overs for the f-bodies. they are made to be stock replacement shocks which still utilize the stock springs as well. Spanner wrenches are sold seperately. if you'd like to order a spanner wrench, please call me at the shop.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mad_steve
the AFCO rear shocks do not come as coil-overs for the f-bodies. they are made to be stock replacement shocks which still utilize the stock springs as well. Spanner wrenches are sold seperately. if you'd like to order a spanner wrench, please call me at the shop.
Well that's good... Because I didn't order a replacement shock and I don't need a spanner wrench.

I ordered coil over rear shocks. I have the shocks and I have the coils but that's it. Nothing to keep the spring from falling off the bottom of the shock and no spring cup to keep the spring on the top of the shock... If those parts don't come with AFCO "coil over" shocks, that's fine... Just let folks know that when they order so that can get all the parts they need in one order/shipment.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:01 PM
11 Second Club

How to the AFCOs compare to QA1s?
Old 12-07-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by James Montigny
How to the AFCOs compare to QA1s?
How does an LT1 compare to an LS1? That should answer your question.

Steve, there is a local that ran the prototype single's I think it was for the third gen's like two seasons ago......... he has yet to get his free coil overs that he was supposed to get in exhange for doing the testing He is still waiting with a smile as of a month or so ago . You might ask them about that the next time you talk to them haha.

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 12-07-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
How does an LT1 compare to an LS1? That should answer your question.
I'm trying to determine if the AFCOs are a significant enough upgrade from the QA1s to justify the spend
or if I'm better off spending my money on something else first.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

I'm trying to determine if the AFCOs are a significant enough upgrade from the QA1s to justify the spend
or if I'm better off spending my money on something else first.
If you allready have QA1's I would stick with them for now but if you ever want to go single didgets in the 1/4 then I would upgrade....... just my opinion.... if you (anyone) don't have QA1's then I would go straight to AFCO's... again my opinion. Ill never again run anything but AFCO double's.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:32 PM
11 Second Club

If you allready have QA1's I would stick with them for now but if you ever want to go single didgets in the 1/4 then I would upgrade....... just my opinion.... if you don't have QA1's then I would go straight to AFCO's... again my opinion. Ill never again run anything but AFCO double's.
Should run mid/high 10s on the new motor, easily into the singles with a healthy shot of juice.
I'm just working out the mods I'll need to support that extra TQ
Old 12-08-2009, 07:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Should run mid/high 10s on the new motor, easily into the singles with a healthy shot of juice.
I'm just working out the mods I'll need to support that extra TQ
Give me a call at the shop. I'll go over everything with you about the AFCO shocks. I'll be happy to answer any of your questions, and give you pricing for everything. Our shop number is 225-673-3533.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Steve, there is a local that ran the prototype single's I think it was for the third gen's like two seasons ago......... he has yet to get his free coil overs that he was supposed to get in exhange for doing the testing He is still waiting with a smile as of a month or so ago . You might ask them about that the next time you talk to them haha.

What's the guy's name? I don't know of us ever giving anyone free shocks for testing out a prototype for us, we usually give them a healthy discount. Either way, I will definitely look into it.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mad_steve
What's the guy's name? I don't know of us ever giving anyone free shocks for testing out a prototype for us, we usually give them a healthy discount. Either way, I will definitely look into it.
His name is Barry from Greenwood Indiana, it was not threw you guys, it was threw AFCO directly, they gave him some to run on his car for testing (prototyple single adjustable for third gen f-bodies)..... it was directly from AFCO.... Sorry about the confusion. There was a shop up here that is no longer around and he heard about it also from AFCO... Apparently the main contacts at AFCO knew about it. His car is a red third gen Z with a BBC and then was running bottom 9's N/A. From what he was saying AFCO met him at the track to watch the testing and everything. He now runs 8's N/A and as far as I know planned to put the set AFCO was going to give him on his car and loved them under braking. He has nothing bad to say about them...... just figures he will get them or won't... just enjoyed the testing...... Maybe AFCO decided not to pursue the front's for third gen's???? Sorry for the confusion.

On the AFCO's for those interested he put them on in the front (single's) and said that under braking in the 1/4 the car felt a lot more stable and seemed to brake better compared to the strange peices he had on before.

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 12-08-2009 at 02:40 PM.

Quick Reply: New Pricing on AFCO Double Adjustable Shocks!!!!!