Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Time!

Old 10-29-2009, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Time!

Well them Mickey Thompson DRs are about gone and I was looking at some Hoosier DRs. I've tried Nittos, BFGs and MTs and so far the MTs have hooked up the best. How well do the Hoosiers DRs do? I'm running 315/35/17s on heavy *** powercoated 11" ZR1 rims.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:22 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have not run them, I am sure there have been people here who have. The best info I had seen was GMHTP's Green Formula used them not too long ago, still had spinning issues. Unfortunately I do not know what issue, but try their website there maybe a link for it.

I have had all tires except Hoosiers but the DR I use is for Street only, when I go to the track it is all about the Bias Ply. IF I wanted a all purpose Street/Strip, I would stick with the proven tire, the M/T. I had nittos due to ability to wear, but since having basically a "Spool" in the car, I have not gotten the Wear that I had used to get. As some experts say, my old tires from years ago could have had a compound chng or more likely not enough heat cycles to be hard enough to resist bad wear.

Search this Thread