Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks moser

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
I hear you believe me... but how would he take having a customer that has a problem with the work done when they bring it to his attenion first, compared to bringing it out to the internet, a local car hangout, whatever.

I'm sure he would prefer to get the chance to make it right, instead of just getting blind-sided without even having a chance to make it right.
That's why big companies have a department that handles customers (getting the business and follow up) and another department that does the work. Typically takes 2 different personality types (one that kisses *** and one that don't kiss ***). Small companies typically don't have that luxury.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:00 PM
11 Second Club

correct me if im wrong but moser isn't even a sponsor on tech
Old 12-15-2009, 09:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn firesuit is on... what's 60 bucks from moser going to do about my bubbled 6k dollar paint job? yea a respray on that panel will be a lot cheaper but moser's liability is for only 60 bucks to get the problem repaired. When you shell out over 2k bucks for a rearend, and a weld breaks loose that could send me into the wall on the track... i don't give a **** about that manufacturer's image. My original post had zero negative to say about moser as a company except that little thumbs down sign, and a rolleyes smilie. The rest was just an account for my experience, a rare one at that... but something that shouldn't happen ever.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

that sucks to hear, hopefully things get ironed out.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by VIPRETR2
Sponsor status doesn't convey immunity, oh wait, this is LS1tech....nevermind.
LMAO, mods don't worry Texas Speed and Vengeance didn't have anything to do with this rearend...
Old 12-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I am not going to argue taht's a shitty failure and is a serious risk... but I would have contacted them first about the issue, and see if there was anything that could be doen for you.

As for the paint being messed up...... that sucks too... but be glad it's just paint, and not the entire car... like it could have been if it let go past the 1/8th mile mark at the track under full throttle. A break like that could have made the car make a hard turn via the rear, under power that would put a car right into the wall... not good.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:13 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
damn firesuit is on... what's 60 bucks from moser going to do about my bubbled 6k dollar paint job? yea a respray on that panel will be a lot cheaper but moser's liability is for only 60 bucks to get the problem repaired. When you shell out over 2k bucks for a rearend, and a weld breaks loose that could send me into the wall on the track... i don't give a **** about that manufacturer's image. My original post had zero negative to say about moser as a company except that little thumbs down sign, and a rolleyes smilie. The rest was just an account for my experience, a rare one at that... but something that shouldn't happen ever.
I agree 100%, Deff gonna take a close look at my moser 9inch when I build it this weekend, although I prob wont be able to tell much by looking at it.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Race your car!

Fwiw... this is most likly an isolated problem. If it was a wide spread issue, you would have heard about it by now, and not one instance.

It never hurts to inspect the car though.. I nut/bolt my entire car every track trip.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
I would have to agree with this...understand that these parts could kill someone if they fail because someone fell asleep at the welder...I know that this is a little extreme but when you buy race parts what do you think the standard should be...do you think insurance is going to cover this kind of damage??? OR MOSER??? Really I look at this thread and think if I had a moser rear I would be aware of this problem and would look at mine to make sure the welds are good on mine...who knows could save me money and possibly my life...sorry for the story
Old 12-15-2009, 09:18 PM
I write checks with my mouth that my ass can't cash

have you tried to contact moser ? they might pay for your respray you never know
Old 12-15-2009, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

Fwiw... this is most likly an isolated problem. If it was a wide spread issue, you would have heard about it by now, and not one instance.

It never hurts to inspect the car though.. I nut/bolt my entire car every track trip.
yeah but it could be the first of many of them and the ignorance of saying it was just one will cause a murphy's law affect on others...
Old 12-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Race your car!

Let's hope that isn't the case. I'd definitely reccommend all new parts to get a good inspection before use, I generally never buy anything fabb'ed with paint or powdercoat on it, just so I can inspect the welds to make sure they look good before they get hidden under paint or powder.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

now the trailer is another story... "is my fender moving around"
Old 12-15-2009, 11:58 PM
On The Tree

I didnt know they offered relocation brackets either? You bought it this way?
Old 12-16-2009, 12:19 AM
12 Second Club

Yes, moser offers it a an option, its actually a free option.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:14 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The housings are offered to be made with relocation brackets, but basically the mounting point for the LCA just has a few extra holes below the stock hole...like an extended mounting point. If there was an actual relo bracket welded to the housing/stock LCA mounting point I would venture to say moser didn't even do the welding that held it on...
Old 12-16-2009, 01:45 AM
10 Second Club

I'd definitely reccommend all new parts to get a good inspection before use, I generally never buy anything fabb'ed with paint or powdercoat on it, just so I can inspect the welds to make sure they look good before they get hidden under paint or powder.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:02 AM
Race your car!

Originally Posted by subarubill96
now the trailer is another story... "is my fender moving around"
Yeah no ****

Needless to say I'll be nut and bolting that before we head down with it.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:30 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah no ****

Needless to say I'll be nut and bolting that before we head down with it.
I actually agree with you on bashing I just don't feel the original post was a bash in any sense of the word. He had a bad experience and posted it. I didn't see him cursing Moser or overly bitching about how they fucked him in the original post. It was a bad situation and he got it fixed. I'm glad he posted since I am looking at Moser 9s right now and I will opt. to have relocation brackets put on at my expense instead if at Moser. Morons on the web are the reason I have a low post count. I find reading and comprehension skills are above most users head.

Larry
Old 12-16-2009, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

it's not always the manufacturer's fault. Make sure you check the housing ends or maybe even the spring perch to make sure the freight forwarder didn't drop and damage them.

Proper packaging always helps too.

Quick Reply: Thanks moser