Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks moser

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 01:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs down Thanks moser

Just swapped in my 4.71s, spool and 35 spline axles into my Moser 9". As I'm taking a turn today i hear a snap and then a tire rub type sound. Look back in my mirror and my drivers side tire is rubbing the quarter panel and smoking. Pull over, climb under the car and i see the welds have broken on the LCA relocation bracket letting the rearend swing forward and backward. Well my tire rubbed all the paint off the front of my quarter panel, the heat from the friction bubbled all the paint in the area, and i have a nice groove in the tread of my ET Streets now. Only cost me 60 bucks to get both sides completely cleaned up and rewelded. The welder basically said the old welds had no penetration, and he's surprised the other side hadn't snapped as well. Just glad this happened on the street instead of the track, even though it still trashed my show quality paint. These race ready 9" rearends are surprisingly fragile
Old 12-15-2009, 02:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

well that sucks would have been bad news at the track for sure.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:50 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Agreed. At least you weren't WOT at 130ish.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:17 AM
I write checks with my mouth that my ass can't cash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how long have you had the rear end...it might be a fluke..i would talk to moser about the 60 bucks and the paint work if i were you ! who knows they might fix it...
Old 12-15-2009, 09:44 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

I'd contact Moser, that's a very rare problem and maybe they would try to do something for you. Sorry for the damage to your car.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

maybe you should have stuck with the 10 bolt, put in a good stereo system, and cruised college campuses picking up on the babes.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tee-boy
maybe you should have stuck with the 10 bolt, put in a good stereo system, and cruised college campuses picking up on the babes.
damn that is some of the best advice on here

sucks though, that paint looks great in the sig, i'd call up moser.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:07 AM
TECH Junkie

+1 :d
Old 12-15-2009, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sucks to hear man, hopefully they will do you right.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:20 PM
11 Second Club

Sorry bro, that really sucks! I would be so pissed if that happened to me!!
Old 12-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

did you take any pictures of where the weld failed? The weld that failed, was done at Moser?

if you didn't take any pic's of the failure, chances are you're not going to get anything from them, simply because they can't see what happened.

This is the first case of this I have heard of. Something could have happened to the welder, parts may nto have been prepped, alot of possible causes. I'm sorry to hear you had an issue... but I would try contacting them first, before coming on here and making a stink.

If I had a company, that sponsored a site, and someone went on that site that had a problem with one of my products and just started bashing without giving me a chance to first try to make it right, I would tell them to go pound sand.. something to think about for next time.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6

If I had a company, that sponsored a site, and someone went on that site that had a problem with one of my products and just started bashing without giving me a chance to first try to make it right, I would tell them to go pound sand.. something to think about for next time.
I really can't see how his post was a bash, he simply stated the facts. If a company wants to get their panties in a wad over that they should have better QC to avoid issues in the first place. Sponsor status doesn't convey immunity, oh wait, this is LS1tech....nevermind.

Larry
Old 12-15-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well my experience with this with tires and alignments, etc...

If they are willing to negotiate, go in high, b/c their going to try to cut you in half.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default dfdfd

Well my experience with this with tires and alignments, etc...

If they are willing to negotiate, go in high, b/c their going to try to cut you in half.
Of course that's with the big boys and their terms and conditions of purchase.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Banned

Should have given them a chance to correct it imo. Its common practice for enthusiasts to allow manufacturer/shop/ect. try to fix the issue. Despite stating your facts about (1) random instance I don't see how you deserve anything other than a "Boo hoo, your welcome?" from Moser.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Race your car!

Originally Posted by VIPRETR2
I really can't see how his post was a bash, he simply stated the facts. If a company wants to get their panties in a wad over that they should have better QC to avoid issues in the first place. Sponsor status doesn't convey immunity, oh wait, this is LS1tech....nevermind.

Larry

You're completely missing the point. Bitching on an open forum about a problem, that you NEVER gave the ORIGINAL manufacturer a chance to fix, is not only not fair to the original manufacturer, it's going to pretty much guarintee that when you do finally call them, they're gonna tell you go go screw.

You're attitude, is a prime example of what absolutely SUCKS about the internet. People just waiting to bash manufacturer's products, who weren't even given a chance to make things right. Christ if Moser was contacted first, how does anyone know that they wouldn't have offered to send this guy a whole new housing and pay to ship it there, just so they could get the old one back? They might have for all we know.... but after coming on here and beating it to death, I'm pretty sure they're not gonna bother. They were already dragged thru the mud, with absolutely no chance to even try to resolve anything.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
You're completely missing the point. Bitching on an open forum about a problem, that you NEVER gave the ORIGINAL manufacturer a chance to fix, is not only not fair to the original manufacturer, it's going to pretty much guarintee that when you do finally call them, they're gonna tell you go go screw.

You're attitude, is a prime example of what absolutely SUCKS about the internet. People just waiting to bash manufacturer's products, who weren't even given a chance to make things right. Christ if Moser was contacted first, how does anyone know that they wouldn't have offered to send this guy a whole new housing and pay to ship it there, just so they could get the old one back? They might have for all we know.... but after coming on here and beating it to death, I'm pretty sure they're not gonna bother. They were already dragged thru the mud, with absolutely no chance to even try to resolve anything.

I agree, but understand that it's typical human nature to bash others after you think you've been given the stick. That's part of being in business. Being in business ain't for everyone. I've got a buddy who has a mechanic shop, and he always gets my business. He's really good at doing a repair job or what not, but he'll be honest w/ you and tell you he hates dealing with customers.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Race your car!

I hear you believe me... but how would he take having a customer that has a problem with the work done when they bring it to his attenion first, compared to bringing it out to the internet, a local car hangout, whatever.

I'm sure he would prefer to get the chance to make it right, instead of just getting blind-sided without even having a chance to make it right.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:37 PM
TECH Addict

I didn't know that Moser offered relocation brackets.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default catalog

Originally Posted by GIZMO
I didn't know that Moser offered relocation brackets.
I don't know if they make'em, but I think they sell them in the catalog. They got 4 link brackets too.

Quick Reply: Thanks moser