Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weight of SFC???

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 06:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

I have NEVER claimed to be fast.. My cars feel slow and are slow compared to most... but I do like to push my current car and combo to its limits, so shame on you for thinking I shouldn't care about this or that BTW I have lightweight carpet, race seats, and no back seats...

Oh and talk to me when your car runs 11's lol..
Old 12-24-2009, 06:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00blacka4
ya but 10 lbs here and 20 there adds up to a won or lost race...
i really wouldnt go that far. 20lbs is what .02 of a sec tech if you want to get tech. Gas in the tank weighs a **** load and can easily make up for the weight. **** you could take a **** and **** before your run and drop .005. Its all how far you want to go, but honestly I'd rather have a straight car in the long run then worry about 20lbs. I havent even begun to take weight out of my car yet, but when I get back will be to counter the roll bar and that.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by smok'nZ
no way the 3 of youn are the ones with your thongs so stuck up your *** you couldnt tell when someone was kidding i guarentee none of you have taken out the carpet or seats etc u just want light weight sfc's if your so worried about weight why even have sfc's? oh yeah none of you even are fast enough to NEED a cage carry on with your high 11 and 12 sec slips maybe your car is the baddest in your town but there is always someone faster
I never said **** to you buddy, how bout you drive out to chicago and I can blow your doors right off with my heavy car lol
Old 12-31-2009, 12:41 PM
Banned Village Idiot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can someone explain to me why i would need sfc on a drag only car? i thought the sfc would be better for a x-auto car...
Old 12-31-2009, 12:56 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1BLKSS
can someone explain to me why i would need sfc on a drag only car? i thought the sfc would be better for a x-auto car...
SFC prevents the frame of your vehicle from twisting under "heavy" loads of power/torque. Even with a stock car I would recommend SFC. They also help reduce noise inside of the vehicle and lastly assist with launching.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:11 PM
Banned Village Idiot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02sleeperz28
SFC prevents the frame of your vehicle from twisting under "heavy" loads of power/torque. Even with a stock car I would recommend SFC. They also help reduce noise inside of the vehicle and lastly assist with launching.
another thing to put on the goodie must buy list