Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those with Jazz Racing Seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 01:12 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Those with Jazz Racing Seats

How did you all do your brackets? Does Jazz make one that I can slide forward, is there a way to modify the stock passanger seat bracket or what? I need to get mine in the car.

If you have a diagram or anything that would help.
Old 12-21-2003, 02:26 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Jazz Racing seat

Chris- I just installed one in the Grocery Getter, but It's a real pain. I hope someone chimes in and has a good answer. I got the jaz sliding mounting brackets , but I had to use 1 inch aluminum square tubing and made brackets using the existing rear studs and I had to drill for the front holes. It sits a little too far forward than I like, but it's solid and ideal for racing. Coach has a Jaz seat in his car , maybe he'll jump in here and give us some pics of his brackets. I think Thunder did his. Hopefully there is a direct bolt in kit available. I can shoot some pics of mine if you like , but I'm going to have to get it moved back a bit before I'm happy. Good luck.

James
Old 12-21-2003, 02:36 PM
8 Second Club

James shoot me some pictures over at chris@vobra.org Im getting the car ready for next racing season. The girlfriend has been working alot, and I start working again early January so I got a few weeks to tinker with the car alot.

Coach if you check this help me out on this. I want to get my seats in.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:24 PM
TECH Junkie

I mounted mine in a fixed position, but with this setup you could mount slider brackets also. Since the stock bolts are in such an odd configuration and wider than the JAZ mounting points, I added a 1/4" aluminum to create a flat mounting surface. For me, I mounted the seats directly to the new aluminum sheet which lowered the seats. I'm happy with the end results. Here's the pic I have on file.

Old 12-22-2003, 12:56 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Chris,

I have a JAZ aluminum racing seat. Madman did the install for me. He made a really cool mounting bracket that mounts the seat to the floor. He also made a head rest mounting bracket to meet the safety regulations of both IHRA and NHRA. Also, the saftey belts have to be mounted on the roll cage coming through the seat.

I could not have done the seat by myself. I do not have the mad skills of Madman. He is the Fab Guru!

I can't take any pics right now Iam in Oklahoma visting family for the holidays.

Everyone have a Happy and Safe Holiday.

Coach

Quick Reply: Those with Jazz Racing Seats