Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's your 60fts

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 06:33 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06

A slick is suppose to slip off the line as the car begins to move or right before it moves.
This is accurate. Drag radials need to hook initially and roll the power in as soon as you can. Slicks are hit it hard and get the tire speed up as the power comes on. If you could watch it in slow motion you would better understand. That is what wheelie bars are for and that is why you don't use them on radial cars. All big tire slick cars hit the bars to unload the suspension to make the tire spin. As the tire is getting traction the power is being added. If you don't have wheelie bars and even if you do most people will strap the car down tight to get the tires to spin.

1.24 60ft on slicks
1.23 60ft on 275 radials.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dirty Vegas
That's a pretty ugly launch. What's up with the suspension? You're unloading the rears when the front comes down bad.

Oh, 1.50 60' with an SS4000 and 3.42 gears N/A Stock Internal.
I only ran a few times that night and that run was the best from a traction standpoint. You are right on the launch being ugly, was pretty scary in the car. Since then I have adjusted my front shocks a couple clicks and I want to get a drag bar to help keep the front even on takeoff.

I never had to dial in my suspension with my old torque converter. It wasn't explosive enough.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

1.570 Yank SS4000, TorquerV2, 4.10's, AFCO, and BMR full suspension.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GueSS Who
This is accurate. Drag radials need to hook initially and roll the power in as soon as you can. Slicks are hit it hard and get the tire speed up as the power comes on. If you could watch it in slow motion you would better understand. That is what wheelie bars are for and that is why you don't use them on radial cars. All big tire slick cars hit the bars to unload the suspension to make the tire spin. As the tire is getting traction the power is being added. If you don't have wheelie bars and even if you do most people will strap the car down tight to get the tires to spin.

1.24 60ft on slicks
1.23 60ft on 275 radials.
We never want to unload our suspension to make the slicks spin. I cannot imagine why anyone would want to do that. Both my Stocker and Super Stocker have wheelie bars. You won't find anyone in Stock, Super Stock, Super Street, Super Gas, Super Comp, Comp Eliminator (I could go on) that wants any tire spin.

If you spin your tires in competition then something went wrong either with your set up or with the track prep.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run a BTE converter in my th350.
Only have a couple test passes in on the old motor so far but It was in the low 1.6s on motor which is better than my T56 ever did. The TC was speced for my 383 on spray. Not my old 355 on motor. Plus Ive seen some killer results from other cars running the same converter.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mods in sig, car went 1.46 last time out at 3650lbs and stock shocks.

Quick Reply: What's your 60fts