Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice i havent found to many people around my area on here yet
Old 03-13-2010, 09:07 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slo TA
dude the novas slick man i like it alot and the others are very nice as well
Thanks, looks like your group has some nice iron to pound the straight and narrow with as well!

Derek
Old 03-13-2010, 09:40 PM
Teching In

I race mostly at Island Dragway and once a month at E-Town. I plan to do a little more traveling this year, I finally got an enclosed trailer so I dont have to worry about my car or stuff sitting out in the open. I hope to go to Atco, Maple Grove and Cecil at the very least. I only have one complete season under my belt, with another car and did ok. I'm hoping to have a full season this year and get some good experience in Pro Class. I never made it to a final in Pro so I dont know the payout! I know Street on a Saturday is around $125. E-Town's event brackets pay good, I won $400 in the opener last year in street with my tow vehicle! We have consulation races on Saturdays, round 1+2 losers from street/pro usually has a good payout, all the money in the pot goes to the winner and runner up. We also have a bogey pot, $5 per person for the best qualifying package, usually around $80-$100. So if you have a good day, there is a good amount of money to win.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:19 PM
Teching In

i just got back from Battlefield raceway right past meridian MS and seen a guy with a black TA that had LS1 tech on there didnt go talk to him i was buisy crackin em down each round lol nah i got to 7 cars and lost my head on the tree and was dead on but too late on the tree. my uncle the red nova i just posted the pics he won.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:47 PM
12 Second Club

I run at National Trail and Kil-kare here in ohio all summer. I just got a trailer this year so I may do some traveling to some bigger events. My dad races with me in his '63 Vette Super Gas/Super Quick car.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Kinda late on this thread..I'm a bracket racer too.

used to run all around the south or around here a lot, but seems like car trouble or rain has plauged my fun the past 2 years. I finally got it all together and did a crapload to make it nicer an just got back out in it. while its been down i've just ran local programs in my street cars. Used to run s/c or s/p in a mike bos rail but I sold it to play with ls1's instead. Ran jr dragsters "back in the day"..

Went to i40 dragway tonight and it rained it out, then tried mid tenn dragway and made TT and then it rained again. I need rain tires!
Old 08-22-2010, 01:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I race just for fun Wednesday nites at Infineon. This is a great thread for me because I've picked up some new lingo. I'm too old to claim I just graduated from "juniors" but I should be able to casually slip in "box or no box" here and there.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:19 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great thing about bracket racing: it can be as cheap or expensive as YOU want it to be, as long as you have a consistent car and can cut a light, you can win (luck helps out in certain races as well!!)

Derek
Old 08-23-2010, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Villain281H
Great thing about bracket racing: it can be as cheap or expensive as YOU want it to be, as long as you have a consistent car and can cut a light, you can win (luck helps out in certain races as well!!)

Derek

yea i've won a lot of races with stock 3rd gens, trucks, all kinds of slow crap. Its all about if you know how to bracket race and can run the number/drive both ends.

but we all get the same syndrome, the more mph and et you can run faster than the other guy, the easier it is to run them down and judge the big end. so we dump thousands into accomplishing that goal

thats why you see throttle stopped cars...lets run 8.90 @ 175 and run down the other guy running 150mph wide open. we all have the disease haha
Old 08-24-2010, 07:55 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have won an event and believe me it was hard, especially when they let in Jeep Grand Cherokees and other econo boxes and my time can vary a little where theirs are dead on accurate, espeically when they leave them running in the lanes to ensure they dont get any faster.

I run @ LVD (Lebenon Valley Dragway) Wednesday is a "Street" Night, and no big prizes for winning once, some cash for the points winner for the season but I have too inconsistant of a schedual and the drive is 100mi one way which is not cheap.

IF I lived 20min from the track, it be a different story.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

hard to judge the line when your up against a 180mph dragster. dragsters also have an advantage with complete tube frames.

Quick Reply: Bracket Racing!!!