Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gutting doors..

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

yeah your like 45 mins away..mines a slow process,once i get steady work ill bust it out..only thing im not building on the car is the cage..everything else im going to try an do...you see they got 3 days at ned for 275 stuff?..there was a post on yb in the racing talk..
Old 03-26-2010, 05:58 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah there's 3 days of it, and there was a couple guys trying to organize a couple for lvd as well.

I'd LOVE to see lvd start running this stuff, it would A: give me a heads up racing class I can run locally, and B: get the lvd guys to really get the track prepped good, and would help get the prep better all the time I think.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

i agree..i came up here an first thing i asked was wheres the heads up action at..specialy seeing im from florida and my home track was sunshine drag strip an they have the heads up madness race every month ( the ones chevelle rob films all the time) an i was told none though..i was like wait,what none..how is there none..people are slacking for sure up here..i then tossed some rules cor 10.5,dr,outlaw 8.5 and outlaw n/a and sent it to lvd and got nothing..not even a emial or phone call back and that was with the racers making there on payouts...
Old 03-30-2010, 01:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just in case this has not already been said. The bracket that the door bar attaches to at the back side of the door can be completly removed. This is only there for the bar and the door catch. You will need 3 large washers to put under the bolts that bolt the main catch to the bracket and just bolt it to the door. If you do this your door is either shut or not shut. There is no second catch to keep the door shut but not all the way. You can also remove the part on the body. Its just one large torx bolt that the door catches on.

Quick Reply: gutting doors..