Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid question of the day

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 12:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid question of the day

I'm doing some weight reduction on my TA right now, and went to remove the front bumper bar today. Just want to make sure I removed the right part, and my car isn't going to twist itself into a pretzel now.

This is what I removed:

And I want to make sure this wasn't what I was suppose to remove:

Also, when I removed the big bar, this big plastic piece that sits in front of the radiator fell off. Does it serve any purpose, or can it just be chucked?

Old 03-15-2010, 12:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

you removed the right piece......just dont run into anything . now you can use a metabo to cut the frame horns (the flanges that the crash bar bolted to) back a few inches if you dont plan on ever bolting it back on.

if i remember correctly, i think the bar in the pic with the red arrow holds the head lights. you may want to check it out, but i think that one has to stay....cant remember for sure tho.

you should take the fenders off while you're at it and cut the inner fender structure out, if you havent already. it'll save a few more pounds. _Nick
Old 03-15-2010, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

what was the weight removed (lbs)?
Old 03-15-2010, 10:20 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by nickp
you should take the fenders off while you're at it and cut the inner fender structure out, if you havent already. it'll save a few more pounds. _Nick
Fenders are already off, I thought you cut the outside of the metal support out though, not the inside?

I'm not sure what the total what the total weight was, the weight reduction thread says something like 22 lbs though.

-Amanda
Old 03-15-2010, 10:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that plastic shield covers the condenser to keep air flowing through to the radiator. i'd put it back when you get the rad in. its held in with a couple plastic push clips.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by LadyDriven
Fenders are already off, I thought you cut the outside of the metal support out though, not the inside?

I'm not sure what the total what the total weight was, the weight reduction thread says something like 22 lbs though.

-Amanda
sorry, that came out wrong. i meant as in underneath the plastic fenders. sounds like you already took care of it tho.