Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Final stage of my stock internal M6 build

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 05:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pull the HVAC, Makes things much cleaner looking. plus you'll drop some weight, which is always good.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:14 PM
11 Second Club

I know I really want to but as soon as I feel I've tapped all I can out of the SI setup I'm going to put the A/C back in and I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle of removing it just to put it right back in a few months later.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

119 is really fast SI you have any vids?

what gears do you have? great work man.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by studderin
119 is really fast SI you have any vids?

what gears do you have? great work man.
Thanks man, I run a 4.11 gear.

Sadly I don't have any recent videos, this is the only one I have which was taken about a year ago and I think it was 11.7@117ish

Old 07-13-2010, 05:08 PM
11 Second Club

Well I still have no major progress. Fortunately my back is feeling better but unfortunately that means my boss can start sending me out of town again (currently sitting in a hotel in Arkansas ) I've finished with most of the porting/smoothing of the intake and it has a couple coats of primer on it but it still needs some more sanding and primer before I can paint it, then comes the engine bay.

I think I've decided to delete the HVAC and I'm going to order a sheet of aluminum tonight to make the cover with. I have a quick question though for anyone who can help, do I just loop the two coolant lines that used to go to the heater or can I cap them?

I also decided to change up the hood, Sunoco pin-on and rails came in a couple weeks ago So with that unexpected addition, the deletion of the hvac, and my recent decision to hold off on the roll cage, the raceweight is going to be considerably lower than I originally planned. It's still too early to say for sure, but the RW should be very close to 3000 or even 29xx

Last edited by NSSANE02; 07-13-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
Well I still have no major progress. Fortunately my back is feeling better but unfortunately that means my boss can start sending me out of town again (currently sitting in a hotel in Arkansas ) I've finished with most of the porting/smoothing of the intake and it has a couple coats of primer on it but it still needs some more sanding and primer before I can paint it, then comes the engine bay.

I think I've decided to delete the HVAC and I'm going to order a sheet of aluminum tonight to make the cover with. I have a quick question though for anyone who can help, do I just loop the two coolant lines that used to go to the heater or can I cap them?

I also decided to change up the hood, Sunoco pin-on and rails came in a couple weeks ago So with that unexpected addition, the deletion of the hvac, and my recent decision to hold off on the roll cage, the raceweight is going to be considerably lower than I originally planned. It's still too early to say for sure, but the RW should be very close to 3000 or even 29xx
Thats what I like to hear!!! keep up the good work!
Old 07-17-2010, 02:24 PM
I write checks with my mouth that my ass can't cash

to the top with this thread we need more pics of the goodies !...im going to get a sonoco pin on wheni get some more money i love the look and its light as a feather, going from ur stock hood to that shouldnt u loose around 40 lbs ?
Old 07-23-2010, 12:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00blacka4
to the top with this thread we need more pics of the goodies !...im going to get a sonoco pin on wheni get some more money i love the look and its light as a feather, going from ur stock hood to that shouldnt u loose around 40 lbs ?
I'm not sure how much weight it'll drop but I'll be able to loose the brackets, hinges/shocks, and cable so it's going to be a decent loss, plus with the latch and front bracket out of the way I can run the intake like I want it.

These are the only other pics I have right now. Hopefully I'll have some soon with this **** actually on the car

Old 07-23-2010, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default part no

I didn't think they made solid motor mounts for an LS engine. I've always seen the LT engine mounts.

do you have a part number/manufacturer?
Old 07-23-2010, 04:40 PM
11 Second Club

They're made by Spohn. I don't remember who I bought them from but several sponsors here carry them.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:46 PM
I write checks with my mouth that my ass can't cash

WOW i love the strange brakes !! you are really really loosing some weight on this round of parts thats for sure....what is ur prediction after this round of parts is on ? your doing everything to ur SI car i have in mind for mine, only one difference is you have the money ! lol
Old 07-25-2010, 05:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

careful with those spohn engine mounts...I put the spohn mounts and PA Racing K in at the same time, and somehow my engine sat about 1-1/2" higher...
Old 07-26-2010, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ATwelveSec02Z28
careful with those spohn engine mounts...I put the spohn mounts and PA Racing K in at the same time, and somehow my engine sat about 1-1/2" higher...
I doubt it was the solid mounts as many have used them no problem, even with stock k member without issues. Ive never read anywhere that they raise the whole engine up. I wonder what part is actually doing the raising or if it can be adjusted?
Old 07-26-2010, 08:48 AM
TECH Resident

Same can be said for the PA Racing K member... but those are the only 2 things that could have done it.

Ive found one other mention of it on another site as well.

I never noticed it until I used an empty block, the mounts, and PA K to set up front and mid plates. Without the full weight and trans it royally goofed up the engine alignment -should have known better than to take a shortcut.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00blacka4
WOW i love the strange brakes !! you are really really loosing some weight on this round of parts thats for sure....what is ur prediction after this round of parts is on ? your doing everything to ur SI car i have in mind for mine, only one difference is you have the money ! lol
I really don't want to make any predictions as to what it'll do with this stuff. It should be able to run bottom 11's in good weather, but things rarely work out like they should...

Originally Posted by ATwelveSec02Z28
Yeah I've heard the same thing, thanks for the heads up. That was actually part of the reason I decided to get the hood right now because the intake pipe was already close to the stock hood the way it was.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good luck with the results. I had some brand new Spohn mounts about a month or two ago. Ended up returning them but I was trying to sell them.

I don't see why you couldn't create a small loop off of the two heater hose connections on the water pump. Some short (2"-3") rubber lines and a 180 degree return would do it.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:28 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by NSSANE02

you can cap them but if you have the meziere water pump im pretty sure the fittitngs are screwed in and you can just remove the hose barbs and put plugs in there. i have a meziere pump in my garage, i will check it out tomorrow.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:30 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1SLwLS1

I don't see why you couldn't create a small loop off of the two heater hose connections on the water pump. Some short (2"-3") rubber lines and a 180 degree return would do it.
they are 2 different sizes.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:46 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I just heated up a piece for the smaller size and it stretched over the bigger size no problem when I looped the heat when I had a stock water pump.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 9sec93
you can cap them but if you have the meziere water pump im pretty sure the fittitngs are screwed in and you can just remove the hose barbs and put plugs in there. i have a meziere pump in my garage, i will check it out tomorrow.
Yep - you can just use AN ORing plugs on the meziere pump. The barbs unscrew and youre done.

Quick Reply: Final stage of my stock internal M6 build