Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project RADIAL-ation

Old 04-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Project RADIAL-ation

Well as some may know I'm in the process of building a 2000 Camaro Drag Radial Car. I have gotten lot's of email's from people wanting to know the details. As anyone that has built a car knows it is tough to get it all sorted out when you are starting from scratch. What I did know from the start was that Dennis and his crew over at DMC Racing were building the car. That was the easy part and now I had all the time consuming things to do.

Well every project needs a name. So with the help some friends the name I chose is RADIAL-ation. Brian Lohnes from Bangshift.com is the actual one that came up with it and I feel it fit well. So after the name my next step was to get a rendering done so I can send it out to media people or companies who will penitently help with support of the build. So I contacted Greg Zoetmulder of GregZ Design and had him whip me something up and here is what we came up with.

The car be will be powered by a 440ci LS Series small block sporting a single 106mm turbo. To make sure I come up with the best possable drive train combo I'm working very close with Don Bailey and Billy Briggs. The car will also be tuned by Don and Billy will be assembling the motor. While all motor details are not final I can tell you what I do know. The base foundation of the engine will be a RHS Tall Deck Aluminum block with a set of Performance Inductions new generation Canted Valve Heads. The heads will be furnished with Xceldyne Titanium Intake and Inconel Exhaust Valves and will have PSI Springs holding them in place. Jesel Valvetrain Innovation will be supplying the rocker shaft system, keyed .937 lifters and belt drive with a distributor mounted on top. Inside the engine will be CP Turbo Pistons connected to Carrillo H-Beam Rods being spun by a billet center weighted crankshaft supplied Winberg Crankshafts. A Dailey Engineering SP Series pump will be getting the oil through the motor while their Billet Aluminum pan keeps it all in. Finally it will all balance out with a ATI Super Dampers up front and the 2000+ HP going through the ATI SuperGlide 4 Transmission in the rear.

As I mentioned earlier DMC Racing will be building the chassis to NHRA 25.3 specs to make sure it keeps me safe. For the base foundation of the build I will be using a new state of the art design chrome moly light weight front end and chrome moly fabed rear end supplied by Midwest Chassis & Performance. DMC will be using their own custom design for the rear suspension and torque set-up. On all four corners will be Mickey Thompson Tires making sure the car hooks up.

I hope everyone enjoys watching and following my build and I will try to update it as much as possable. As you all know these builds take time and some weeks things will go fast and others take longer then expected. I also have been working hard on getting some great media coverage for the build so you will be seeing it pop up on many of the performance web sites, chat boards and even some published magazines. So keep your eye out for it and as the saying goes " Rome wasn't built in a day". Thanks Ed

Special Thanks to the following Project Supporters

DMC Racing
Billy Briggs of Motorcity Speed
Don Bailey
ATI Performance Products
Midwest Chassis & Performance
Jesel Valvetrain Innovations
Performance Inductions
CP Pistons
Carrillo Rods
Winberg Crankshafts
Dailey Engineering
Xceldyne
RHS / Comp Cams

Anyone interested in being involved with the build feel free to contact me at
eddiekrawiec@gmail.com for more info on media coverage.

Last edited by Eddie Krawiec; 04-20-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

wow this is going to be one badass ride.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

no doubt! i hope to see lots of progress pix!!
Old 04-16-2010, 06:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks great but aren't those rear tires a bit exaggerated for a radial car?
Old 04-16-2010, 10:02 AM
11 Second Club

Cant wait to see you run on nhra and this new sick toy of yours...
Old 04-16-2010, 10:44 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet! Looking forward to the rest of the build.

Coach
Old 04-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Launching!

Well since the story some of the details have changed.

The one big thing is the support from Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels to my build. So with that being said I had the rendering done up with M/T Pro-5 Drag Wheels and I also added a hockey stripe on the car. I'm still mixed on it but I really do think the needed to be broken up a little. I just wanted to get some thoughts on it. So let me know if you like it or hate it.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:35 PM
Launching!

The wheels look great.

I like it better without the hockey stripe. I like when the paint is as close to orginal as possible. Kinda gives a street car look. Besides all the wing, wheelie bars and that stuff.

Ken
Old 04-22-2010, 12:21 PM
11 Second Club

Saw this on Chitown. Its gonna be a wicked ride!
Old 04-22-2010, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

dam i cant wait to see this
Old 04-23-2010, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do the stripe.

Search this Thread