Old 06-07-2010, 06:15 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks this is an awesome tool, and it just keeps getting better
Old 06-08-2010, 06:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by key
Ok there are 4 new numeric fields - one for each shock. I actually created a new category for "Suspension Setup" so if there are more suspension details that need to be tracked I can add them.

Thanks,
Zach
Thanks for listening to the racers!!!

Can I add to the wishlist?

suspension setup:
front end travel (inches)...just needs a numeric input

weather conditions:
track temperature (deg F)

vehicle setup:
tire temperature (deg F)

Run data:
Type of run: drop down choice of 1. test and tune, 2. qualifying, 3. elimination
Old 06-08-2010, 07:51 AM
key
Staging Lane

Thanks a lot guys, I'm glad to see you getting use out of it. We're up over 200 users now and it's only been out a month so it's going pretty good.

I will add those extra fields you wanted, Fireball. Might be a few days. I might need to figure out a way to have "Basic" and "Advanced" fields though, as the list is getting pretty long. For "Advanced" you'd have to expand a box and the fields would then be displayed.

Has anyone used the site via an iPhone or other smartphone?

Thanks,
Zach
Old 06-08-2010, 07:56 AM
key
Staging Lane

Forgot to mention that at some point I will probably have a downloadable version of the software. It will have some extra features such as ET prediction, and possibly data logging via OBDII.

The download version won't be free, as there is significantly more maintenance involved.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would definately be sweet, as many of us take laptops to the track for tuning timing, shift points, etc. Without internet access at the track, a remote interface would be super handy. Even if it only collects, and uploads to the site later.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:44 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Zach,

Thanks again. I just put in all my runs so far for the 2010 season.

Coach
Old 06-16-2010, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the e-mail today Zach, your site is great
Old 06-16-2010, 07:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just signed up. I do not race in any classes and am just now starting to get more serious about drag racing. I have not yet entered any data, I am just waiting till I get back from the track tomorrow. You have a lot of info to track, but if I may suggest a few things I did not see on the site.
A way to track different nitrous jets, a way to track multiple stages, and a way for those of us with a progressive controller to track the different settings, also maybe something for window switches as well. The site is awesome, for the most part user friendly and you are great for setting this all up and allowing us all to use it for free! Let me know if you set up a way to track different settings on progressive controllers(percents, and ramptimes)
Old 06-16-2010, 08:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

if/when you do a downloadable version, do you have an idea on cost?
Old 06-16-2010, 10:36 PM
key
Staging Lane

Thanks for the suggestions on more fields guys. I'll work on those - been kind of busy the last week or so. Like I said earlier I also have to find a good way to get them on there without making the screen 10 pages long

As far as cost goes on the download version I'm thinking somewhere between 30 and 50. From my research it looks like most software that does this is 150+ and a lot of times 250+, so I'm looking to undercut that significantly.

The site will remain free, I'm trying to find someone to sponsor it so I'm not losing money but no luck so far. If I can find a sponsor for the download version I would do that too (and that version would be free), but I'm not counting on that.

Thanks,
Zach
Old 06-17-2010, 08:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Post this over on YellowBullet and you'll get some new racers.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:52 AM
key
Staging Lane

Thanks for the tip, I'll do that.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Teching In

This is a dream come true for me.Keep up the good work.Waiting for the download version to buy it .
Old 06-18-2010, 12:01 PM
key
Staging Lane

Great! I will post up when the download version is ready. Could be a couple months.

The download version will have an option enabled to automatically pull in all of your info from the website. So if you want to go ahead and enter data into the site then you can do that and pull it all down to the other version once you have it.

Thanks,
Zach
Old 06-18-2010, 01:40 PM
key
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 94Z28rag
Post this over on YellowBullet and you'll get some new racers.
Thanks for this - I posted and have had a good response. If anyone else knows of another site that would appreciate the software please let me know.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:33 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the website, it's amazing, I've been looking for something like this. Where does your website calculate the density altitude from? I'm coming up with slightly different numbers.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:05 PM
key
Staging Lane

The way it works is that when you put in the City/Zip, it finds a weather station as close to that location as possible. I have found this is usually within 1/2 mile or so of the bigger tracks. It then uses the data from that station that is closest to the time of your run (usually within 15-30 minutes). So it gets temp/humidity/dew point/pressure from that. This portion is similar to how DragTimes.com does it (I think). Usually my site and theirs come up with very similar numbers even though none of the code is the same and we may be using totally different providers.

The station also includes LAT/LON coordinates, and the site uses those to determine the elevation. This is different from how DragTimes.com does it - they use a dropdown list of tracks. However as I was researching how I wanted this to work, the dragtimes elevation was off by a lot for my local track. So I did this part differently - if I could ever find a complete list of tracks with correct elevations I would go the dropdown route probably.

It's not a fool proof system, but seems to work in most instances. Can you give me an example of what you have seen that is wrong? I'd be glad to take a look. Unfortunately there's no way to get concrete data without you entering the data from your own personal weather station, but I would like to make it as good as possible.

Thanks!
Zach
Old 06-19-2010, 03:54 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is a list of all the NHRA track elevations http://www.nhra.com/competition/altitude.aspx

My track, Spokane Raceway, Washington state. Drag times list it being 1900' elevation but I've had my GPS out there and it's around 2200'. Which ever system you are using it seems to be more accurate than drag times. That NHRA list says Spokane is 2300'. Thanks a lot, the website is great!
Old 06-20-2010, 01:06 PM
11 Second Club

If the software is pulling in all weather data from a website, could you make the DA an automatic calculation, or will it still need to be entered manually?
Old 06-20-2010, 07:24 PM
key
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nitroused383
Here is a list of all the NHRA track elevations http://www.nhra.com/competition/altitude.aspx

My track, Spokane Raceway, Washington state. Drag times list it being 1900' elevation but I've had my GPS out there and it's around 2200'. Which ever system you are using it seems to be more accurate than drag times. That NHRA list says Spokane is 2300'. Thanks a lot, the website is great!
Thanks for that list! That's a good start. Glad to hear I seem to be closer to DragTimes.

Originally Posted by V-10 Killer
If the software is pulling in all weather data from a website, could you make the DA an automatic calculation, or will it still need to be entered manually?
The DA will calculate itself after you put in your Zip or City/State and then click the "Get Weather" button. When you do that you should get the temp, humidity, DA, and pressure all filled in for you automatically. If you're not getting that stuff there might be a problem, so let me know if that's the case.

Thanks!
Zach

Quick Reply: Drag racing log book software