Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is anybody running a 12" wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
We will see. I'm gonna get the wheels, and let the fab guy do his magic and hopefully, tuck them in where I hope we can get them... at least 1/2 inch in from where a stock width rear and a bogart built for a factory brake put the tire.

I know it's doable, I'm hoping for 3/4 of an inch to an inch, but that maybe too much. 1/2 inch, should be no problem at all.

Gotcha. And I should have some 12"/5" BS rims soon for another project, and I could slap them on my Camaro to see how it fits if you want... And I boxed in frame around the LCA mounts like you were talking about above... I can shoot you some pics of that too if you wish... Just let me know.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah, when you get the wheels, try them on the car (if you have tires mounted, that would be even better) I'm interested to see where they sit.

Essentially the only thing that will change with the backspacing of the rim, is how much the axle needs to be narrowed. That being said the 5 inch isn't gonna be a killer, it's just a matter of getting the axle right.

The pic's of how you boxed it in would be great... anything I can get to pass along to the fab guy always helps. He'll have is own way of doing it but seeing other's ways never hurts.

How's your car coming along too, I was gonna take that gear drive route but happened into an unbelieveable deal on a motor that should make about 200 hp more then my old 402 did, and should be happy with about a 250 shot.. couple both of those together with the car losing 450 lbs, and I think my 8.50 index goals are very doable
Old 06-03-2010, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Yeah, when you get the wheels, try them on the car (if you have tires mounted, that would be even better) I'm interested to see where they sit.

Essentially the only thing that will change with the backspacing of the rim, is how much the axle needs to be narrowed. That being said the 5 inch isn't gonna be a killer, it's just a matter of getting the axle right.

The pic's of how you boxed it in would be great... anything I can get to pass along to the fab guy always helps. He'll have is own way of doing it but seeing other's ways never hurts.

How's your car coming along too, I was gonna take that gear drive route but happened into an unbelieveable deal on a motor that should make about 200 hp more then my old 402 did, and should be happy with about a 250 shot.. couple both of those together with the car losing 450 lbs, and I think my 8.50 index goals are very doable
OK. I'll take some pics this weekend of what I have now, and the wheels when I get them.

And my Camaro project is still coming along. Just waiting on parts and the time to finish it. And I kinda got sidetracked on another project. Mainly because I have most of the parts to build it, and it's a much simpler/less time consuming project to finish.

Quick Reply: is anybody running a 12" wheel?