Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Sway Bar

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Sway Bar

On a mostly stock suspentioned car how much et/mph do you pick up by removing the front sway Bar in the 1/4. Car is a full weight A4. I do have the BMR non adjustable lower control arms and a BMR adjustable Torque Arm. And a set of Comp. eng. 3-way adj. rear shocks. The front suspention is all stock. Riding on a heavy set of 17" ZR1s. I usually cut a 1.67 60 ft time on 315/35/17 MT drs. And is it worth it to lower the control arm brackets if you don't have an adjustable LCAs on a stock ride height car?
Old 05-27-2010, 03:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not exactly sure how much, if any at all it will pick you up in et by removing the front sway bar. I removed mine but dont know how much it helped, however it did help transfer weight to the rear. I would think it would be good for a little improvement and take just a little bit of weight off the nose...

Maybe someone else can chime in and give you a better idea?
Old 05-27-2010, 03:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NC98Z
On a mostly stock suspentioned car how much et/mph do you pick up by removing the front sway Bar in the 1/4. Car is a full weight A4. I do have the BMR non adjustable lower control arms and a BMR adjustable Torque Arm. And a set of Comp. eng. 3-way adj. rear shocks. The front suspention is all stock. Riding on a heavy set of 17" ZR1s. I usually cut a 1.67 60 ft time on 315/35/17 MT drs. And is it worth it to lower the control arm brackets if you don't have an adjustable LCAs on a stock ride height car?
Is your car dead hooking right now or do you have to roll into the pedal to keep traction? The reason I ask is that if you are already dead hooking the car, taking the sway bar off the front will net no improvement. If the car wasn't then I would say take it off to see if you get more transfer to dead hook the car.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
Is your car dead hooking right now or do you have to roll into the pedal to keep traction? The reason I ask is that if you are already dead hooking the car, taking the sway bar off the front will net no improvement. If the car wasn't then I would say take it off to see if you get more transfer to dead hook the car.
Shes spinning out the hole rite now. 2nd hits pretty hard.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Not that pinion angle matters much but it helps keeping the rear end straight on a hard launch, but what is your pinion angle? What are your shocks set at? Next time you go to the track get somebody to film your launches from the back and from the side and look at the video at how your car launches it will give you insight on what you need to do to get the car to hook better.

I only took my sway bar off for weight savings it didn't make a difference for launching on my 60ft.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would get some 12way qa1s for the front and relocation brackets in the rear..you will be looking good.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by omcar
I would get some 12way qa1s for the front and relocation brackets in the rear..you will be looking good.
He already has relocation brackets