Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will 28" tire fit easily

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 06:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

this was just brought up a few weeks ago. took some good pics of were to trim for 28 slick growth.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/13519684-post257.html
Old 07-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 28inch tyres

Hi guys, I am new and it doesnt seem to mateer what i say as nobody ever replies to me. But I run a 28x 12.5 mt street slick with a rigid chassis all braced, braced standard lower controll arms, standard suspension, standard width ls1 diff, with 411 a richmond locked diff center The most crutial part is the braced standard panhard rod and the three link set up.
Diff sits stright, car is set up to hold and go straight. I clearenced the body (metal) side of the car with a hammer slightly, and cut the bumper bar corner back aswell. Adequite clearence now.

However i will be what we call RADIUSING the metal side of the guard from the bump strip on the quarter to the bottom of the guard. So like 10 mm cut away at the bottom and nothing at the bumpstrip on a nice curve. Because im fussy and i will be getting the rear quarters painted soon as im deleating my fuel tank and putting a cell in the boot.

Hope this helps guys, would love to talk further about it.
Cheers ben.

Quick Reply: Will 28" tire fit easily