Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you guys think of my launches?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 03:43 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

2nd gear burnout. I agree a 2 step will make it easier to launch, but I have hptuners and I log ever run, I can see exactly what rpm I'm launching at if you check the screen shot I posted earlier. I need a new clutch before I buy anything but I will be looking for some decent shocks, since our track is NHRA I cannot run faster than 11.49 without a cage or I will get booted. I'm pretty sure I can run 11.6's already with my stock suspension.

223Hawk you have a LS6 crate engine right? 243 heads?

I run the LS7 clutch and the flywheel weighs 26lbs but it's coming out because the pressure plate is a pos and sticks to the floor.. I didn't think the car was bogging at all but when I looked at my logs I noticed it was. I agree I need to get a lot more seat time, I've only made 6 passes now on the slicks. I was looking for a little spin thats why I added 2lbs of air pressure.

I'm not sure how accurate dragtimes info is but here is what they said I'd run at a Sea level track. Not bad for a 224 cam and unported 243s especially since it's around a 3750 lb raceweight.

Stock and Mildly Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines
11.359 @ 122.884 MPH

Extensively Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines
11.488 @ 121.492 MPH
Old 06-20-2010, 03:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THANK YOU..Now I need to get someone esle to believe this!

I had Monster 3 In my car and I love it. (just a suggestion) Iv made about 15 Passes on it and seems to be awesome. G/F that weights 105lbs can still drive it in traffic, and I can drive it an hr to the track and run 11s. Im still working on my seat time also, but shocks will be the words difference!